Author Topic: Ike and Kathryn  (Read 2705 times)

bigdogs@5501

Ike and Kathryn
« on: September 13, 2008, 02:42:17 am »
Kathryn lost power about midnite last nite and the phone service was out by 7pm, but thanks to the wonders of modern technology, TEXT messages are getting through. Kathryn and the pups made is thru the storm. Lori and I were worried about her and wanted her out of there yesterday, it just wasnt possible.
The most important thing is that she is safe- I think that she was wanting to get out and check on her house this morning, she was staying with a friend last nite. Hopefully we will hear more from her soon.
The Texas Gulf coast of course is flooding and now the storm is moving up through the NE Texas area and will be a rain maker for the rest of us-

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Ike and Kathryn
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 03:22:59 am »
Thanks for the update Paige!  You keep yourself and all your pups, forevers, and fosters safe and dry!
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 01:40:49 pm »
Glad everyone is safe!  Thanks for the update - how are all the rescue dogs doing??

Randy

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 02:09:39 pm »
we are getting torrential rain and winds now - not sure what Lori is getting since she is farther west than we are, most of the property is flooded. All of the dogs, rescues and keepers are safe, some more dry than others- I have a couple that refuse to go into the dog houses. And we have a really old dog that I am trying to get to her retirement home in Waco and she also refuses to go into her dog house- but she has a roof over her kennel. I will go out in a little bit and see how bad it is and see if she needs to be forced to come in and lay down in a kennel. No tornados- just really strong winds.

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 12:37:51 pm »
Glad to hear that everyone is safe and doing ok.
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

SAR Diver

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 07:20:30 am »
I went to Houston on Sunday morning to check on Kat, Kaila and Shiner.  They are fine but the fence is gone and will have to be rebuilt, no power, some siding missing, a few window damaged and our huge willow tree was severily damaged.  We patched what we could and will wait on the insurance adjusters to look at the rest. I will pass on your concern to her.  Phone service is still spotty, but is getting better.  Texting works most of the time.  Hopefully they will have power soon, but it could be as long as two weeks

There was a bit of drama and excitement yesterday that Kat asked me to pass on.  Kaila and Shiner were staying at a friends house while we went to access damages and patch up what we could.  The husband of the friend returned home while we were all gone and inadvertently let Kaila out. Kaila started running around the yard, couldn't find Kat, jumped the fence and took off.  Scott them came out to our house and let us know. Kat took off to go find her while I finished covering the hole in the side of the house.  I am sure Kat will go into more details later, but long story short... I found Kaila about 5 hours after the search started.  She was exhausted and scared, but otherwise ok as far as we can tell.  Kat says she is very sore this morning, but as near as we can tell she was running almost the entire time she was gone. Needless to say, both Kat and I were very relieved.  

More as I get it. I will try to get pictures of the damage to the house posted as well.

Michael