Author Topic: Housecleaning with Photoshop  (Read 1904 times)

mjjensen

Housecleaning with Photoshop
« on: June 15, 2006, 01:57:53 pm »
 I was caught today housecleaning with Photoshop. I’m not proud of it but everyone does it, right.  I mean I really do try to keep my house clean but with the perpetual mud season we’ve had here in Maine and three puppies, one of which being Dirty Duncan, the mud magnet I sometimes get a little behind. And I love to take spontaneous pictures of my guys  when they’re being cute but I just have not been able to get them to hold their poses while I clean around them. So I tidy up with Photoshop. And I’ve been called on it. Apparently  it’s some kind of crime, dishonest, fraudulent, etc, etc. I told my accuser that she could  save me from a life of crime if she cleaned the house for me but she said my redemption wasn’t worth that much effort.
  Seriously, other people do this, don’t they? Or am I being “not normal”

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Housecleaning with Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 02:09:53 pm »
There's nothing wrong with photoshop housecleaning! We all know I'd do it!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 02:10:21 pm by shangrila »
RIP former BPO

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 02:12:19 pm »
GUILTY here!!  With a toddler in the house I can't have all you thinking I set around and watch soaps/eat bonbons when I am not at work.  Berber carpet Photoshops great!  ;D God Bless Photoshop! ;D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 02:14:26 pm by Softhug »
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

doggylover

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 02:33:31 pm »
I'm sorry, I think that is hilarious, I'm shocked at how many of you do it.  I don't give a care if people see my destroyed house.  My priority is living, not cleaning.  I happen to live with a big gross dog and a big somewhat less gross man.  Anyone who doesn't like it can just wipe Badger's slobber off of themselves and go home! 
Now, photoshopping my love handles away...is that possible?  I could definately climb abord that ship!
 ;D

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 02:42:31 pm »
The blur tool is my friend. I blur the carpet floors if I haven't vacuumed 15 minutes earlier.

No offense doggylover, but you just have have no concept of how much hair can be on the floor in just one day from a newf who is blowing his coat. You just have to live the experience.. gobs of newf hair collects in the corners and then when enough collect it will tumble across the room like some living newfie tumbleweed spawn.  And the sad thing is I am NOT kidding.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

doggylover

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 02:47:42 pm »
The blur tool is my friend. I blur the carpet floors if I haven't vacuumed 15 minutes earlier.

No offense doggylover, but you just have have no concept of how much hair can be on the floor in just one day from a newf who is blowing his coat. You just have to live the experience.. gobs of newf hair collects in the corners and then when enough collect it will tumble across the room like some living newfie tumbleweed spawn.  And the sad thing is I am NOT kidding.

ROFL you beat me there!  That is the ONLY reason I don't have a Newf.  Aside from the furrage, they are the PERFECT dog.  I had 133 teddy bears when I was a kid, who all slept on my bed (it was a pull out trundle bed, so I slept on the pull out).  Each and every one of them was 'newfish' and I wanted a Newfy more than I wanted to breathe.  OK I guess I can understand why a Newfy owner would want to photoshop out the furbleweeds.  Now, back to photoshoping lovehandles..i s that possible?
 ;D :D 

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 02:52:37 pm »
I agree with Brandon with two fuzzy beasts constantly blowing coat there are tumble weeds everywhere.  Plus our floors are recovered in hair within seconds of vacuuming cause they chase the vacuum ::).  I only crop out stuff...cause I only have photo editors not photoshop itself.  I don't really care either way but I agree that it's hard to keep clean and get the candid photos.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 05:17:29 pm »
I freely admit that I houseclean with photoshop.  I really don't see the point of mopping the mud up when it's still raining outside and my yard is a mud pit.  The dogs just traipse it all back in so I wait until it's stopped raining and has dried out a bit.  The hazard of living on the Gulf Coast.  I say it's no more dishonest than fudging your age or your weight. 

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 07:19:36 pm »
I need photoshop.  I can relate to fur tumble weeds with my 2 Siberian fur factories plus the other 4 furkids. Most people have dust bunnies, mine are dust dinosaurs.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla