Author Topic: Wanna see some of my *little paws*?  (Read 2615 times)

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
Wanna see some of my *little paws*?
« on: March 26, 2006, 08:30:03 pm »
I wanted to share a few pics I took today- up til yesterday morning, I had 40 chinchillas.  Now I have 10 remaining.  (Sold 30 yesterday), so here are some pics of the ones I am keeping...

Weedsport, NY

Kiahpyr

Re: Wanna see some of my *little paws*?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 08:31:46 pm »
They're so cute and soft! Do you breed them? My aunt has one and I love the little lady.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 08:34:32 pm »
Oh my goodness!  They are so cute!  I have always wanted to have a chinchilla.  They are adorable! :)  Are they always such a dark color?  I have only seen a few here, but they seemed to be a lighter color.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 08:38:43 pm »
I was about to say the same thing.  I've never seen such dark chinchillas.  My roommate from  college had one.......in fact, she still has him, and he's the normal gray color which I'm used to seeing.

very pretty though. 

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 08:52:46 pm »
Thanks.  They come in many colors- the ones I sold were all different colors, from pure white to violet.  The ones I posted are the dark ebony ones I am focusing my breeding program on from here on.   It took lots of time and special breeding to produce the ones I have, and have been working on building a breeding program with this color for a lot of years.  The ones you both referred to as gray are called standards, which is the most common color that all the other colors came from.

Weedsport, NY

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 08:57:43 pm »
Wow!  I didn't know that there were so many colors.  That is really neat!  They are sure cute.  The fifth and sixth photos are my favorites. :)

Offline roxygirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 09:38:38 pm »
They are adorable!! ;D
Kim
Kim
Great Lakes Mastiff Rescue,Inc.

Offline Sallys mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 01:35:02 am »
wow another chinchilla lover  ;D
I have erm......25 chins at the moment  ::) I have a couple of ebonies but loads of other colours as well, violets, various whites, various beiges as well as standards
they are all so individual and so soft and munchy they are my babies  ;)

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 07:38:54 am »
Thats cool!  Glad to meet others who love them as much as I do!   C'mon over to http://www.tres-chinique.com  and join my friends and myself in discussing all aspects of chinchilla  life!

Weedsport, NY

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 08:00:45 am »
They are so cute....we used to have chins for like five years.  They were my brothers genetic project for Voag and never left until we finally decided to sell them.  We had a wide variety of colors and all the babies we had were handled from birth so they were extrememly friendly and loved to sit on shoulders and be held.  Kalua our first baby a silvertip loved to roll around in one of those plastic balls.  Yes all our chins were named after alcohol ;D.  We only had one with issues we called Looney Tunes(LT) he hated any human contact and would run headlong into the sides of his cage....his elevator didn't quite leave the basement.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties