Author Topic: who else does it  (Read 4344 times)

ann

who else does it
« on: August 08, 2005, 12:53:21 pm »

i modefy songs to sing to my dogs..sir mix alots big butts is boxer butts it goes ..i like boxer butts i can not lie when other breeds walk in they can't deny and so on ...then lola is realy ..her name was madie she was a show dog with brindle stripes down to there......... ....and a few other songs they love happy birthday song too........... ...

ann

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: who else does it
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 01:10:35 pm »
I sing the spider man song to Harey, only it is Harlikins Harlykins does whatever a doggy can..... I don't have one for Dilbert yet.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 01:36:39 pm »
We modify almost every song that comes on the radio for our dogs....  Here are a couple examples from a previous post...

They also have special songs, and these songs are sung in the special voices that we are sure that each dog would speak in if they could talk.  Sadly, we also will say things in these special voices and then pretend the dogs actually said it. 

Gwen's is just this high-pitched squeaky voice, and I can't really describe the tune of her major song, but it commemorates a banner moment in her life.  The lyrics are "My Fake Mommy gave me macaroni".  Ranger sounds like a cross between Forrest Gump and Dale from King of the Hill.  So did Cabo.  One of Cabo's songs was sung to the tune of "Blitzkrieg Bop" and went "Hey, ho - I'm Bo!".  Ranger has a ton of songs, mostly about how bad he is.  One of his goes to the tune of "Saturday in the Park" and the lyrics are "Saturday in the park, I'm looking for some people to bite.  People bleeding... people screaming... A man with a catch pole, headed for my neck..."

Yeah.  We are insane. 
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 03:26:44 pm »
apparently coppacabana is a pet anthem. we sing it too! Our version goes "her name was zoey, she was a saint bernard, with brown fur for her hair, she has slobber down to there"... I also sing her 'hey baby' by no doubt except it's 'hey zoey, hey zoey, hey, all the puppies say, all the puppies say..." Those are some of the regulars, but I usually just make up lyrics on the spot to whatever song happens to be stuck in my head.
RIP former BPO

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 03:43:49 pm »
"Ribbons and Bows" becomes "Bibbles and Bose" (Araby and Hobo's nicknames), and New Age Girl by Dead Eye Dick becomes....

Hey Nee Nee (Come and see Mommy)
Cute and Cuddly(even though you're boney)
You're not very smart (But you stole Mommy's heart)
Though you are rather reckless (You're always gonna crash)

OH you're really kind of pretty in a manly sort of way
And I tell you that I love you, each and every day

Nee nee Boy, you're a peice of work now
(Nee Nee Boy, Nee Nee boy, Nee Nee Boy)
Nee Nee Boy, please stop drooling now
(Nee Nee Boy, Nee Nee boy, Nee Nee Boy)
Oh you loves me so, you hates to be alone
You really love meat but you still like the bone

That's all I have words for.......
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

dohertyswissy

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 03:50:57 pm »
I admit it...I do it too!  Whatever song is on the radio/tv, I turn into a song about Ranger...espec ially when I'm cleaning ... which also causes me to dance with him.  I'm sure hubby and the neighbors think I'm nuts, but Ranger and I like it so  :P on them!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 03:59:46 pm »
My husband and I do this all the time, too! I wish I could remember an example, but every song that comes on we change it to be about our pets - mostly about Rocko and his frisbee.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline MuttigreeMom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 04:21:35 pm »
Count my bf in on this one. He has two songs he likes to sing to Buddha:

From Aladin...
"Mister B, fabulous he, Buddha Ababwa"

and from the Love Boat theme song:
"Boooo bear, soon we'll be taking another walk..."

then there are just random songs he makes up and sings to the both of them  ;D

Offline Khiori

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • SoloDancer
    • View Profile
    • Solitude
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 04:28:00 pm »
Oh, Ann!!!  I sing "Copacabana" (but it's kittycabana) to my cat Keo!!!
Jenn

Oh wow, how crazy is this?!!?  I had a cat named KeoKeo. She ran off last year - she was 11 years old.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2005, 06:45:24 pm »
When Samson poops we sing (to the miss america song) "THERE HE IIIISSSSSSSSSS SSS...CAP-TAIN POOP A-MER-I-CA"!!!....lol...To Pippin we sing the Tigger song from Winnie The Pooh "The most wonderful thing about Pippin is Pippin's a wonderful thing...His top is made out fo rubber his bottom's made out of spring...He's trouncy trouncy bouncy bouncy fun-fun-fun-fun-fun...Oooooohhhhhhh the most wonderful thing about Pippin is he's the only one...Heeee'sssssssss the only one"!!...lol!....I also sing Wind Beneath My Wings to Samson but it's "did you ever know that you're my doggy"?..lol!

Offline vizslamaniac

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005, 08:10:26 pm »
OK OK yes I admit it! Zoey has her own song... to the tune of WINDY......who's trippin down the streets of the city-Barking at everybody she sees-who's jumpin out to capture a pidgeon everyone knows its ZOEY!
 ::)

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005, 08:31:14 pm »
I sing to Dozer to the tune of Tom Pettys Free Falling

He's a good boy he loves his Mama
loves rawhide and pig ears too
He's a good boy crazy bout Milkbones
loves rabbits and the raccoons too
Dog Mom to