Author Topic: dog fight  (Read 3410 times)

Offline rockettgirl68

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • chance precious an john
    • View Profile
dog fight
« on: July 10, 2005, 04:23:32 pm »
omg i an sick today and of all things i ended up having to break up a dog fight in my backyard then call animal control  a huge german shepard jumped my fence and attacked my baby chance today who was on his chain as is the law here regardless whether there is a fence or not well that dog bit my dogs testicles and chance grabbed him by the back of the neck an tried what looked like to pull the dog out of the yard all my kids were outside and they were very upset over all this i managed to get chance back in an put that mutt on his chain to wait for animal control who had to come from vineland  that f*****g mutt had tags an a invisable fence collar on i told the cops my dog was chained up when this happened  what is with people thinking that a device like that would keep their dogs in the yard i am so angry about all of this i told the cops my dog is a service dog in training as well i am hoping this doesnt effect him getting certified he is a pit mix i am hoping that this attack doesnt change him he is 6 months old
http://p2.forumforfree.com/furbabies.html
a place to talk about all your pets regardless what they are

Offline rockettgirl68

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: dog fight
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 06:27:17 pm »
he seems to be doing fine the kids were shook up chance refuses to stay inside if anyone goes out he has a total fit about it  i havent heard anything more about the dog i know it was taken to the pound  the kids cant even go on the porch now without chance as he has a total fit if they leave his sighthe has just a scratch on his testies i do hope the owners are dealt with
thank you for asking i  dont know why people use that device it doesnt seem to work to well
rebecca

Offline LuvmyNewfs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 08:10:30 pm »
Rocket,
All of our paws are up for Chances recovery emotionally and physically. Just a thought, I would immediately acclimate him to friendly dogs (as in a controlled dog park on a leash) as he is still a pup and a NEGATIVE experience will imprint on his brain. We have a Rottie who we rescued as her FIFTH and FINAL home and do alot of large breed rescue. She was dog aggressive but with our Newfs and being exposed to other dogs it calmed her down. She was 3 and we managed to barely nip the problem in the bud with alot of slow, limited exposure.Chanc e being a Pit, he NEEDS to have a CHANCE to show he can be around other dogs and not become too defensive or overly aggressive, or overly defensive with your kids! Poor Chance, my Newfs said they would come smack that GSD down to the ground for him! They paw things down they are so huge. We won't say what the Rottie said she'd do.....She is not aggressive anymore!
Take care Chance
4 legged hugs and 2,
Donna and Crew   
4 legged Hugs and 2,
Donna and Crew

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 09:13:51 pm »
How awful for chance, you & the kids!!!...I am so glad you were able to break it up!...Please, if you are able to, get Chance around a friendly dog or two a.s.a.p....He needs to know that not all dogs are like that...It scares me because we have put up a fence to keep Samson in but what if another dog came over it?..Scary!...I don't leave him out there unattended & I always took conselation in that fact but you were out there too!...My thoughts are with Chance for his peace of mind...Poor thing!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 10:15:05 pm »
Poor baby Chance! Luckily you were there to help him get inside or lord knows what might have happened. I am so glad you called the police on the other dog and I hope the owners get a big fine for that. Dumb people!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline rockettgirl68

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 11:07:56 pm »
thank you jaba i hope they get a good stiff fine to its crazy that our dogs cant even feel safe in their own yard  luv i wish i could afford a trainer but i have been doing it all i use the clicker method an it works well with him i get alot of compliments for his behavior even the cops are surprised they say he is well behaved for his age an im glad he is i think he could have done some damage if he wasnt so well behaved