Author Topic: Going to get Eddie...  (Read 4675 times)

Nicole

Going to get Eddie...
« on: February 04, 2006, 11:11:57 am »
Well, BPOers. The day has come! I believe that Cori (Angelsmama) is en route to drop Eddie off with a wonderful woman named Ida that April (tajsa) helped us locate. Then Ida will be headed toward Louisville, where I will be picking up Eddie!

Eddie will spend a fun-filled week at Auntie Nicole's getting his shots and a little bit of Crate Training 101, and then he's off to New Hampshire, to meet his new forever family!!!

For those of you that don't know, Eddie is an American Bulldog mix puppy that was rescued by Cori from a neglectful, if potentially dangerous (maybe fighting?) situation. Cori's doggie Angel just wouldn't accept the little guy. So, now he's off to New Hampshire.

Anyway, I'm glad the day is finally here (we've been working out details for weeks) and that Eddie will be en route to a new home soon! I'll post pics as soon as I can!
Nicole

Kiahpyr

Re: Going to get Eddie...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 11:18:42 am »
That's wonderful!!!! I'm so happy he's going to get a forever home soon. Have fun Nicole!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 01:31:42 pm »
What great news for everbody concerned!!  YIPPPEEE!  Have a good trip!!! and kiss Eddie's nose for his newf buddies!!

angelsmama

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 01:57:24 pm »
i just got in from meeting ida , i kissed him goodbye told him i love him and will miss him , but told him to be a good little boy for nicole  :P

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 02:16:24 pm »
Hey....Daisy started out in Tennessee too! 
None of these northern dogs even make fun of her accent.   ;)

I'm sure he will fit in just fine.
I wonder what he will think of the snow!!!
Hope loves it as much as Daisy does.

Sounds like he is on his way to a BPO happy ending.
 ;D

"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 06:59:04 pm »
WE'RE HOME!

Eddie is absolutely adorable!!!! He rode very well in the car, sleeping most of the time. Cabeza is in denial that there is a puppy here. He won't even look at him. Eddie, Fuzz the Shih Tzu, and Lucy the rat dog that I'm sitting for this weekend all got along great, running around in the snow and darting around. However, Eddie seems to know that I'm mama, at least for a little while....even in the midst of playing, if I walked away, he was right behind me. He followed me around the barn while feeding the horses.

He just ate a bowl of food, and drank a ton of water, and now he's running around my apartment all crazy and puppy like. Oh! Its a good thing that he's already spoken for! hahahahha!

Course, ask me again in a week, and I might have something different to say!

angelsmama

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 07:21:54 pm »
awwww made me smile reading that :) youre going to have to let me see pictures! i know hes an adorable baby

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 07:43:10 pm »
Sounds like he's fitting right in at his temporary home.  What a great thing you all are doing finding him a forever home!  And, yes, you must post pics! :)

Nicole

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2006, 09:16:22 am »
Eddie's First Night In His Crate:

WENT AWESOME! So, I get everyone ready, Cabeza and Kyle the cat jump into bed with me, and I get down by the crate and call Eddie. He goes right in and I praise him. I close the door and get in bed. Eddie starts to yelp. I put the pillow over my head, and before I can even imagine how long the night is going to be, he stops and goes to sleep! WOW! He yelped for less than a minute. Great. Three hours later, I hear a little whimper. Its 3:30am. Right on schedule. I get up, open the crate door, and Eddie runs straight for the back door! WOOOOO-HOOO! I let him out, and he runs right over to the potty spot and goes potty! YAAAAAAAAAAY EDDIE!!!!! So, I' praisin' the crap outta him, he finishes up and runs right back to the door and looks at me, "Come on lady, its cold outside!" We go in, and he goes right back in the crate.

Four hours later, he's barking like crazy. I don't want to let him out of the crate while he's barking all nuts. But, its time to get up anyway. So, I wait for a few minutes, until he quiets down. Which, he does after about 5 minutes. I open the crate, he runs right to the back door, we go outside. Immediately goes to potty spot and potties! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Eddie gets an A+ on his first night of Crate Training 101. YAY EDDIE!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2006, 12:30:47 pm »
Good job Eddie! :)

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2006, 12:35:09 pm »
Way to go Eddie!!!!  That's fabulouso!!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2006, 12:48:46 pm »
Brilliant EDDIE!!!!!  YEA!!!!

angelsmama

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2006, 12:49:14 pm »
aww way to go lil eddie...  :-* :-* :-* :-* for the little guy...

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2006, 12:58:32 pm »
Wow! I wish my fosters were all that smart! Good job, Eddie!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2006, 03:57:46 pm »
Wow, amazing Eddie!  Way to go!  keep up the good work, little man.