Author Topic: I have DS Eh-EL! (Sang in the conga line song)  (Read 5047 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
I have DS Eh-EL! (Sang in the conga line song)
« on: September 19, 2005, 04:37:19 pm »
The crappy computer I have here FINALLY has DSL.  I don't get kicked off every 10seconds, I don't have to wait for hours for stuff to Download, I don't tie up the phone line (ANGELA CHRISTINE!!!!!).  It's AWESOME!  Just had to share!

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Kiahpyr

Re: I have DS Eh-EL! (Sang in the conga line song)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 04:39:59 pm »
That's Awesome!! I have cable and can't imagine having dial-up...yuck.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 04:42:23 pm »
Woo-hoo!  ;D

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 04:55:22 pm »
Oh dial up is horrible. Welcome to the new millenium Ang.  ;)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 05:17:35 pm »
High speed!! Excellent, I'm so happy for you. You should post lots of pics in one thread, and then when I get home from work at 5:00 I can kick everyone at my house off the phone, make sure my modem is set to disable call waiting (*70 first before the number) and then connect to ISP so I can get to BPO. Then I can disconnect (darn 14.4 Kbps) and connect again (darn 19.2 Kbps) and disconnect and connect again. What the darn connection is saying no dial tone, what do you mean no dial tone I was just connnected!!!! Stupid internet!!!!! Oh, wait now.... there's a message on the phone. Check message, stupid, just a hang-up. >:( AHHHHH, connect again, that whole handshake, computers talkin thing drives me crazy, Yeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeHaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa 26.4 Kbps!!!! ;D :D ;D :D

Again, congrats on the DSL. ;D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 05:31:02 pm by jabear »

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 05:54:45 pm »
Could be worse.
Try dial up through a lap top with a cel phone!
I had a friend who would down load these huge files, my cel battery would fail before I got them!
Finally put her on my block list. The overcharges on the cel was killing me!
And her downloads really weren't that funny!
P.S.
Don't tell her I said that!
J
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 06:00:38 pm »
Ouch! I feel your pain man, I feel your pain.

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 06:27:59 pm »
hehehe!

Well, I don't have internet at my place. So, if I wanna get on BPO, I have to load up my laptop and get into my car and drive into town.

However, I can't complain cuz once I get there...the entire town is wired! WOOH! I get free unlimited internet (high speed) anywhere I'm at! Mostly, anyway. My favorite is going to sit at this one bar with an outdoor seating area. I can have a beer, sit outside, and be on BPO. Its awesome.

Wait...I started this thread with the intention of making you all feel sorry for me...hehehe... .did I mention I have to DRIVE INTO TOWN to get on the internet?

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 06:39:36 pm »
That's, great beer and high speed. I cancelled cable internet to get DSL when I got a call from the telemarketers at the phone company offering it to me. Then when I order the DSL, guess what, it's not available in my area yet! >:(

GR8DAME

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 06:45:39 pm »
I understand your joy and excitement! We just got cable internet the weekend before last, and it is wonderful!
Stella

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005, 08:38:50 am »
However, I can't complain cuz once I get there...the entire town is wired! WOOH! I get free unlimited internet (high speed) anywhere I'm at! Mostly, anyway. My favorite is going to sit at this one bar with an outdoor seating area. I can have a beer, sit outside, and be on BPO. Its awesome.
whoah. what city in IN is this? i mean, there's no reason to live in IN ever, but this may come close to a reason...

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2005, 08:44:59 am »
hahahah!

Its Bloomington, Indiana Tony. Indiana University is here. So, I get the IU Wireless Network and  "Kiva Anywhere" (local ISP-that's their wireless network) is at almost every business, park, open space, etc. Its awesome.

Bloomington is a great town. Alot going on, but its hard to actually live here if you aren't a student or connected with the university in some way. Its very much a college town. There isn't really any other industry or anything to speak of. Lots of service jobs.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 01:33:58 pm »
That's great!...I am on dialup still & the thing is I have no patience what so ever!...No wonder I'm grumpy all the time!....lol!...I can get dsl though...I'm not sure why I haven't yet...I am assuming it makes a BIG difference?

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2005, 01:37:36 pm »
Yes it does!  We went through Verizon and got it for $14.95 a month, plus the $20 for the modem.  We were paying $14.95 a month for dial up anyways so it was stupid not to switch.  If you do go through them tell them that you want the $14.95 a month.  They'll say its slower, but if it is, it's not by much.  Things come up right away when I click, pictures only take a few seconds for all of them to show up.  I love it!

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2005, 01:49:36 pm »
Yes it does!  We went through Verizon and got it for $14.95 a month, plus the $20 for the modem.  We were paying $14.95 a month for dial up anyways so it was stupid not to switch.  If you do go through them tell them that you want the $14.95 a month.  They'll say its slower, but if it is, it's not by much.  Things come up right away when I click, pictures only take a few seconds for all of them to show up.  I love it!

Ang
I would get it through Iowa Telecom...I had a cell phone with Verizon, hubby still has his...I have had so many problems with them & their customer service sucks out loud...I would sooner gouge out my own eyes with a butter knife than deal with Verizon in any way shape or form above what I have to endure with them now...Just seeing the name Verizon in print makes me see red...K...can you tell I dislike Verizon?...lol!Ty for the reply though!...I appreciate it!...I need to call Iowa Telecom & get the dsl!!! :)