Author Topic: I discovered something new....  (Read 1692 times)

cricket36580

I discovered something new....
« on: April 25, 2006, 07:41:49 pm »
2 danes and 1 pyr CAN fit in your lap during a thunderstorm while you are going potty!!!!  All 3 of mine are such crybabies.  I really didn''t know if I was going to be able to get up or not! 

It's storming again this morning.  Bad!  So I'm leaving all 3 in the house so the evil raindrops won't eat them and the big bad thunder won't get them.  I'm hoping they don't eat my bed....  ::)

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: I discovered something new....
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 09:11:12 pm »
Oh that is hilarious!...Poor puppers!...Poor you! :D Rosie once decided she was into demolition during a thunderstorm & started taking down my walls. :(

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 09:24:50 pm »
That is a riot!
My boy Blu is not a fan of thunderstorms. .. just the other night - a big crackle awoke us all.... Blu shot out of his bed like a rocket and was staring at me bed-side... I lifted the covers where in the bed Blu jumped and under the covers he slept... I have to say, I am now hoping for more late-night thunder, cuse the snuggle/sleep time was so nice with my Blu... since his sister grew to be a big paw, Blu doesn;t sleep in teh bed anymore.

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 01:01:11 am »
Einstein is a big baby about thunderstorms, too.  Yesterday evening I was out when a storm went over -- when I got home he was no where in sight.  He was hiding by my bed in my bedroom.  I couldn't believe it -- it was the first time ever he wasn't at the door wagging his tail when I came in.

Then at 3 am another storm came through -- he woke me up panting so hard!  I think I'll start giving him some valerian tea when the weather's "threatening" -- as my grandma used to say.
Sarah

Offline BellaRoosMom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 05:34:48 am »
LOL!  I can picture the loo experience as well!  My cat used to come sit on the potty with me, cause well, there's nothing better to do in there, so why not bring the kitty along!?!?! 

Also, around here we say "OH NO, THE SKY IS FALLING!"  Boomer and Roo both HATE the rain, gun fire at new year's, and fireworks.  It's like it's the end of the world!  I have to rush home from work or they'll both be cuddled up so close you'd think they were one animal!

cricket36580

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 10:29:25 am »
Well, they made it through the day ok.  No major damage done to the house or any contents.  My bed is even in the same place it was when I left!  Sometimes they'll try to get under there if it's storming and they just don't fit. 

Bella got to go with daddy to work since he came home to check on everyone and let them go potty.  Scared the kids half to death.  They came home from school and no Bella.  I was ready to drop a customer and fly home when it dawned on me I should call hubby.  I could have killed him with a smile on my face at that moment. 

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 11:06:19 am »
See, rain, thunder, lightning, fireworks, you name it, my boys can ahndle it EXCEPT! they all HATE WIND!!!! WIND for heavens sakes. mean old mom (thats me)leaves them out to suffer, and laugh!
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007