Author Topic: GOOD BYE BPO  (Read 10641 times)

Offline bogardgirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: GOOD BYE BPO
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2005, 04:46:39 am »
I am clearly starting to see the big picture here...I understand red...I am by no way as knowledgeable but I have two breeds of dogs that arent the easiest to train and bring into the world properly

I will stick around with ya...BUT i will be me

Wow...this is shocking!!  I'm relatively new to this board too, but I've been "surfing" it for some time and really like what I saw!  And that goes for direct, articulate posts about specific topics.  That helps, it doesn't hurt....it's nice to get warm and fuzzy posts too, but support and advise is what we come for here, no?  I think you've been wonderful, and I was so happy to hear you're staying.  Your dogs are beautiful - and I would miss seeing pics of them.  Besides, it was you that offered up that appetizing photo of tripe for us all, hmmmm....(maybe that’s what did it!) LOL…sorry, I thought a little humor might help.  This string of posts from everyone who received those PM's made me sad.  Bogard and I are happy to see you stay! 

Offline bogardgirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2005, 04:56:21 am »
He is quite adorable, that Bogard.

How is he doing now?

thanx...I'm a proud mama!

and ......my previous post goes towards you also.  I have actually taken to scrolling through all of your posts for my puppy raising advice – all of your “series” of postings have been very informative and so helpful, easy to read b/c they are direct and concise!!   ;D  With that said....he's keeping down his food, which is great.  NO more vomiting...ano ther good sign.  And we're talking to the vet about titers for parvo/distempter on Monday.  Still has the nasty, nasty snots (I liked your saying there) but seems in great spirits otherwise...so odd.  I'm just happy to see him keeping food down and having normal bowels.  THANK YOU for asking!!!  I read that you only give your pups 2 Parvo/Distemper shots, is this right?  Do you ever recommend their owners give 3?  Or do you recommend they titer after 2 if they live in a "high risk" area? (Sorry, I'm a lot off topic here)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2005, 05:00:25 am »

No, what I really think is that a few people who are dog savvy have showed up, and sort of taken control of the direction of this forum, and I think it has "torn up the playhouse" of a certain few, hence the complaints.
Now, see, I totally agree that there are some very dog savvy people that post here, but I don't see the information, advice or opinions that you guys post as "taking control", at least not in any kind of negative way.  And I would hope that no one else would see it that way - that you were trying to drive the forum in one direction or another.

I think that, at least in my personal opinion, we look to different members of BPO for different things.  I know that a lot of us look to our resident experts for advice and more "technical" kinds of information, if you will.  Red, I don't necessarily expect you to join in on a conversation about sleepovers, friendship bracelets, or eating dogs brains, LOL!   ;D  And no one expects me to step up and be an expert on breeding, training or brucellosis. 

But, I think there is room for both kinds of conversations.  Just like sharing your life with a dog, BPO is sometimes sad, controversial and serious, sometimes light-hearted, funny and random.  I think we need our blunt, tell-it-like-it-is people just as much as we need our feel-good, make-you-laugh people. 

I just feel like as long as we are all considerate and respectful of each other, there is room for us all, even when we disagree.  Yeah, I would probably get my feelings hurt if someone came right out and said to me, "Ranger is a ticking timebomb, and should be put to sleep for the good of all humanity, and it is all because you feed him cheap dog food" or "Ranger is an ugly, badly behaved, example of why a Saint Bernard and a Brittany Spaniel should never be allowed in a room together with a bottle of wine", but I would also probably tell that person that I thought their tact could use a brush-up and we would deal with it one-on-one, rather than impact the whole board. 

I just feel bad that some folks are getting slammed for trying to give honest advice in the most tactful way that they can - just as I would be hurt if someone went behind my back to say "You know, Marsi is really offensive to me because she can never be serious".  And, I would be VERY sad to learn that people were being unfairly accused of things by other people that wanted to make BPO all one way or the other...

*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2005, 05:09:41 am »
Deena,
I hope you reconsider and stay. I have found friendship and concern, comfort and advice here. Sometimes people don't have an open mind and when they ask a question, are offended by honest answers. Some times they just aren't ready to hear what they may already have guessed or maybe they just don't like to see people who genuinely care for each other! I have had to apologize in the past when something I posted as a joke was taken seriously and I was shocked that it was taken wrong.    Cindy

henrysmomma

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2005, 05:13:32 am »
Yes, I remember that incident, the mojo incident. It was cleared up right away because I mentioned I was uncomfortable with it. Had I not said anything I probably would have thought that Rents hated my dogs and it would have hurt my feelings. The key is communication ;) Something offends you or you don't understand, speak up! ;D

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2005, 05:24:01 am »
Cindy,

I'm not leaving. BabsT was leaving, but she's changed her mind.

I just hate to see the hurt feelings over reading things into something tha's not there. That's why I posted the Nail Story.

I like it here! Hey, why else would I post who is the funniest person on BPO? You are alot fun too. Everyone just needs to take a deep breath and relax. Doctor's orders.

Thanks Cindy!
Deena

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2005, 05:32:58 am »
Everyone just needs to take a deep breath and relax. Doctor's orders.

I agree, CHILL PEOPLE!!!  So much unnecessary drama, "I'm leaving forever, goodbye CRUEL BPO!!!!"  I already posted my feelings about this on the "Sorry if I offended someone..." thread: http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,4360.msg54328.html#msg54328

so I won't be redundant.
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2005, 05:35:33 am »
What did I miss? Everything seemed fine when I checked in this morning  ??? I don't know what happened, but I am glad that you are staying Babs. Whoever said whatever it was that upset you so much, I am glad that you can look past them and see all the good that the rest of bpo has to offer.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 05:43:42 am by shangrila »
RIP former BPO