Author Topic: What a Weekend - NDR  (Read 3350 times)

k2campbell

What a Weekend - NDR
« on: July 15, 2007, 09:33:52 am »
We just got home from the hospital with Blake, we were there since Friday night  :P

More precautionary than anything. Blake was having some strong twitching movements while he was in deep sleep, I wouldn't think anything of it (I would just think he was dreaming) but my MIL is an NICU nurse (for sick newborns) and didn't like the looks of it. Apparently some bigger babies that have rougher deliveries can sometimes be prone to some seizure activity due to the birth. So, to be safe (rather than sorry) we took Blake to the hospital Friday night...

He had tests run over the weekend and everything came out just fine, thank goodness  ;) He does have to go for an EEG (a test to watch brain activity) later this week at the Alberta Children's Hospital. We would appreciate if you could please send positive thoughts and prayers our way that everything will be ok...  ;)

We were really scared by this and I was a mess to say the least. It was a LONG weekend, we're exhausted but are VERY glad everything turned out ok so far! :)

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Re: What a Weekend - NDR
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 09:40:08 am »
awww. What a stressful weekend. I am glad everything came back ok so far. I'm sure your beautiful boy is fine. Like you said better safe than sorry. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 09:45:38 am »
tons of prayrs and thoughts headed your way! poor little guy, it's hard in the beginning with out having all this stuff going on. im sure every thing will turn out just fine, keep us posted.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 09:53:33 am »
Wow, what a stressful weekend!  We're sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 02:25:53 pm »
Oh Kelly, I'm so sorry that you are all going through this.  Our first son was in the NICU for 8 days after birth due to a difficult delivery and we were absolutely terrified too, but everything turned out ok and he's a healthy, strong teenager now.  It's good that you are checking everything out and that you have great medical advice in the family.  You, Eric & little Blake will be in my prayers.  Please keep us posted.  ((hugs)) 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 07:40:37 pm »
Oh I am so sorry you had such a stressful weekend : (

I was actually thinking of your family this weekend - the weather was beautiful here, my kids (8 and 15) were fighting non-stop and I was remembering back to the times when I only had my one son (who was also a big baby) and how peaceful and loving it all was -

Then I was wondering what your new family was doing on such a nice weekend - I'm sorry it wasn't a walk in the park or a stroll at the lake - I will keep you and your family in my thoughts for the coming weeks but I'm sure Blake, his Mommy and Daddy (and of course Kate) will be out taking that peaceful walk very soon.

Randy

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 09:01:55 pm »
Oh Sweeetie! I am sorry you and your family had such a stressful weekend!

Try to hang in there - one more precautionary test and your sweet boy will get the "all clear!"

Sending tons of positive energy and hugs your way!

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 01:02:56 am »
We just got home from the hospital with Blake, we were there since Friday night  :P

More precautionary than anything. Blake was having some strong twitching movements while he was in deep sleep, I wouldn't think anything of it (I would just think he was dreaming) but my MIL is an NICU nurse (for sick newborns) and didn't like the looks of it. Apparently some bigger babies that have rougher deliveries can sometimes be prone to some seizure activity due to the birth. So, to be safe (rather than sorry) we took Blake to the hospital Friday night...

He had tests run over the weekend and everything came out just fine, thank goodness  ;) He does have to go for an EEG (a test to watch brain activity) later this week at the Alberta Children's Hospital. We would appreciate if you could please send positive thoughts and prayers our way that everything will be ok...  ;)

We were really scared by this and I was a mess to say the least. It was a LONG weekend, we're exhausted but are VERY glad everything turned out ok so far! :)

Aww kelly HUgs  your way  ethan  my sin  had seizures when he was born and sounds the exact same as whats going on there.  With him  it was a tiny b lood clot that  dissolved over time taht  caused his. You guys will be in my thoughts I knwo exactly how scary this is.
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 01:27:16 am »
Awwww , I'm so sorry you and your family had to go thru this ! When my first born was not even a week old he got "Hand ,foot,and mouth disease" and was hospitalized .I was a total wreck ! My hubby was trucking and I was all alone , I was so scared ! Then they couldn't find a good vein on him and had to put an IV into the soft spot on his head ,that about killed me ! But he came out of it fine . Then of course Izabelle was diagnosed with epilepsy last October and we went thru the whole EEG thing , waiting on the results is no fun but the actual EEG is pretty uneventful so that's good . I wish I'd have brought a camera when Izzy had her's .LOL She looked like a little alien with the little wires glued to her head .
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 05:46:31 am »
All good thoughts going out to you guys, Kelly! Newborns are scary little critters, aren't they? Usually it turns out to be nothing, but what a ride getting to the part where the doctor tells you that! Maybe he's like the big paws - just chasing rabbits in his sleep.  ;)
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 10:12:22 am »
Kelly, I'm so sorry that I missed this thread until now.  Sending good thoughts to you and Blake and the rest of the family.  I'm so sorry that you had such a stressful weekend.  Big hugs to all of you.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 12:51:41 pm »
Thoughts and prayers coming your way.  I'm glad that you're home now and after the EEG will be resting comfortably knowing that you have a healthy baby boy!!  Hugs..
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Anakalia

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 01:04:58 pm »
I'm so sorry you had such a stressful weekend!  Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way!