Author Topic: No More Hotseat Thread  (Read 22854 times)

doggylover

Re: No More Hotseat Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2006, 06:53:56 pm »
I haven't, either, and I agree with Ronda.  If I am ever chosen, I will take the week off from visiting BPO as I HATE answering questions about myself for ANY reason!
YAYAYAYAYAY FINALLY a rational person!  YAYAY

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2006, 08:25:14 pm »
I, for one, would LOVE to learn more about Ronda and don't mind answering questions at all about me. Of course, I haven't been on the hotseat yet, but I do like taking surveys!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2006, 08:26:19 pm »
I, for one, would LOVE to learn more about Ronda and don't mind answering questions at all about me. Of course, I haven't been on the hotseat yet, but I do like taking surveys!

Thank you for your rationality!

DakotaMom

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2006, 08:30:05 pm »
That's what I did Jenn and it worked great.

doggylover

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2006, 10:28:24 pm »
The hotseat was originated because I opened my big mouth and said I didn't know many people.  This was when I first joined BPO.  So I was then put in the hotseat.  This gave everyone the opportunity to get to know me.  Then I was able to read and ask questions of the new hotseat person the following week.  Although it seems so yesterday, its a really good way to get to know someone.  Some of the new members have no idea who us regulars are, and this gives them a chance to see who we are and get an idea of our personalities :) 

If anything the hotseat should be revamped.  Possibly making the hotseat only 3 days long and picking new members that are posting often.  Also possibly placing former hotseats back in the hotseat.  If that happens the rule should be that you cannot be back in the hotseat unless its been 2 months since you have been in there.

Just an idea :)  Hopefully the hotseat sticks around though.
:: nod nod, yeah, only 3 days::

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2006, 10:56:22 pm »
IF these changes are eventually to be made.  I would like to request that they NOT be made until AFTER Ronda has suffered her FULL ONE WEEK.  Thank you very much.

doggylover

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2006, 11:02:07 pm »
This is silly.  We are all friends here.  I'm SO glad that we found a fair, reasonable comprimise.  Thank you Liz for your wisdom in moderating this matter to a fair and mutually satisfactory end. 
Thank you again

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2006, 11:05:05 pm »
Yep, we are all friends here.  And that is why we want you in the hotseat for a full week.  Becuase we want to know ALL there is to know about you and your life.

doggylover

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2006, 11:22:07 pm »
This is silly.  We are all friends here.  I'm SO glad that we found a fair, reasonable comprimise.  Thank you Liz for your wisdom in moderating this matter to a fair and mutually satisfactory end. 
Thank you again

LOL thank you :)

So should the 3 day hotseat rule be implemented with the idea of bringing back old hotseats?

YES it should be three days, and we should be able to do 're-does' since there are always new people who would like to know people who have already gone!
yay

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2006, 11:26:35 pm »
Yep, we are all friends here.  And that is why we want you in the hotseat for a full week.  Becuase we want to know ALL there is to know about you and your life.

has she not been in the hotseat yet? I thought she had.

Nope, she has not.  I double checked.

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2006, 01:04:41 am »
I live closer and might possibly see you at the meet n greet though. :) 

doggylover

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2006, 09:17:12 am »
OHOHOH I have an idea!  It could be by popular vote!  So that a FEW people don't gang up on one INNOCENT person and make them be on the hotseat!  Like, OH OH OH here is a goo idea!  It could be by popular vote, and 51 percent of voters (all bpo members) would have to vote for anyone to be in the seat; or else nobody would be in that week!
I am SO diplomatic!

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2006, 09:36:01 am »
Ronda hunney, I don't think you're going to be able to get out of this one.....

I agree with the three day suggestion. Some of the hotseat posts get so long, I have trouble finding where I left off...somewher e around page 5 of 12.......
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2006, 12:12:40 pm »
I like the three-day limit.  And the re-hot seating is a great idea too!  Heck, no one even knows if I fold or crinkle!!!  :o
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2006, 12:26:08 pm »
Note though....... this is AFTER Brandon's suggested trial run of the two week hotseat.