Author Topic: Handsome Saint mix seeking loving home...  (Read 4403 times)

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Handsome Saint mix seeking loving home...
« on: August 31, 2007, 04:50:37 pm »
Tall dark and handsome single male seeking loving family. I enjoy long walks, good food, and belly scratches. Dislikes: Cats (taste like chicken).

I'm Beau (short for Beauregard) I spent about 2 months at the local pound. I thought I was going to a forever home, but something called a heartworm test came back positive. My adoptive parents decided they didn't want me. They even walked in and patted me on the head then went to the other room and choose a different dog!!! There was a lot of whispering in another room...somethi ng about euthanizing me...whatever that is. Anyway one of the volunteers at the pound put a new collar on me and took me home. I had to go to the vet a few times, and now I am feeling much better. I love all the other dogs here at my foster home, but my foster mom says I deserve more, and I need to find a place to call my own. I am staying outside in a large pen because I can't help but chase the cats. Also my foster brother is a bit of a bully. I need to find a home soon before the cold weather gets here. My foster mom doesn't want to have me outside when it is cold. Anyone looking for a best friend? I promise to be a good boy and give you a ton of love.  ;D
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Re: Handsome Saint mix seeking loving home...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 04:03:30 am »
Well...I have posted him all over the net, I even made flyers and put them in every place that has a bulletin board...I have had about 4 replies in 4 weeks...I don't know what I am going to do. He needs a home, he needs to be spoiled. The local Humane society is going to put him on their site for me...everyone think positive thoughts that he will find a perfect home.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 04:04:44 am by zchic »
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline Tazz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 05:05:17 am »
He sure is a beautiful pup! Where is he located? I can't take him (cats) but wll post about him for sure.

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 05:14:20 am »
We are in Central Ohio
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 05:17:15 am »
Awww, I love his smiling face!  I wish that I could, but my kitties don't like being compared to chicken.  LOL  ;D  Anyway, bless you for saving him and helping him find his new home.   :-*
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 07:02:02 am »
What a handsome guy! I hope he finds his forever home soon. He's got a great smile! :)

Offline jc1231

• Ankle Biter
  • "Dog" days of summer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 06:04:06 pm »
Hi Jodi,

Could you please tell me more about that strikingly handsome young man you have there?
*Age?
*Neutered? (I'm going to assume so, but better to ask).
*Personality traits:
     -Aside from the typical "sibling rivalry", does he socialize well with other dogs?
     -Is he submissive or dominate?
     -How does he interact with children?
     -Is he food or toy agressive?
     -Would you consider him a good watch-dog?
     -Excessive barking?
     -Does he show signs of fear toward a man or woman? (Odd ?, I know, but Duke had been abused and we quickly learned that he was very much afraid of my husband, so the intro period took much longer).
     -How is he with large bodies of water or rain?
*What about allergies or special diets?
*What about that heart worm? What special care would be needed for Beau?
*Are there any other medical conditions an adoptive family would need to know about?

Look forward to hearing from you soon. :)
JC
When all forward progress seems to be going in reverse, remember Mom spelled backwards is still Mom.

Jennifer
Mom to 5 kids and 1 big dog :)

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 03:00:21 am »
Hi..I will try and answer all you questions... :)

*Age- around 1 1/2 - 2 years old
*Neutered? - Not yet, he was going to be neutered at the pound but because of the pos. heartworm test they wouldn't do it. It will be about $100 for me to get him neutered, which is what I was asking for an adoption fee (even that is negotiable I just want a good home),I might consider letting the adoptive family have their vet do it if they prefer...as long as I know it will be done.
*Personality traits: He is sweet, right now he isn't getting constant attention, so he is hyper when I get him out just at first. He calms down after we play a bit. Once he is actually in a home with people all the time I think he will be great
*Aside from the typical "sibling rivalry", does he socialize well with other dogs?- I was afraid since he wasn't neutered he would be agressive toward my male dane...it is just the opposite. Thorn doesn't like Beau, he growls at Beau and Beau just wags his tail wanting to play. He loves out 7 month old female Wolfhound, and out little dog as well.
*Is he submissive or dominate?- seems pretty submissive
 *How does he interact with children?- He is great with both of my kids, they are 5 and 10 years old one boy and one girl.
     *Is he food or toy agressive? I gave him a bone with meat on it and he layed chewing on it while I brushed him and shaved away the mats he had the first day he came. I haven't tried to stick my hand in his bowl, but I walk around him and pet him and he doesn't show any aggression. He hasn't really played with toys, he likes to wrestle though.
     *Would you consider him a good watch-dog?- I am sure he would be a great watchdog...He is friendly to everyone he has met, but I am sure once he is in a home he would be protective if he had to be (like most dogs)
 Excessive barking* He is out in the Kennel, the only time he barks is when we have to leave him after play time, or when he sees the cat.
  *Does he show signs of fear toward a man or woman?  None that I have seen, he loves me and my husband, and both of my parents, neighbors etc.
-How is he with large bodies of water or rain- he doesn't seem to have any thunderstorm fear, We had a bad storm a few weeks ago and I went out to put him in the barn...he was just standing in the rain instead of going in the dog house. LOL I took him in the creek last week. He was timid at first, but he walked in it and swam when it got deep.
*What about allergies or special diets? No allergies or special diet
*What about that heart worm? The heartworm is treated, I do not believe there is anything special he needs, just the regular monthly preventitive so he doesn't get them again (just like any dog)
*Are there any other medical conditions an adoptive family would need to know about? I am not aware of any other medical issues.

* I wanted to add...he has NEVER hurt a cat that I know of. He acts like he reeeeally wants to play with them. HE doesn't growl, he just wags and jumps and get really excited. With his size I have not wanted to test what he would do....

If you would like to call me and ask more about him, I will PM you my number. :)
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007