Author Topic: Drooling and pinkess around the mouth  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Drooling and pinkess around the mouth
« on: August 18, 2006, 07:32:49 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone's saint has had this or knows anything about it? Mack has been sick for a few days now...just general not feeling very good, being blah, having the poops, not eating. so i took him to the vet and we got him some new food  because the vet said the food we had him on wasnt helping him at all(he only gained 4 pounds in 3 weeks) anyway. he seems to be feeling better now, hes playful again and everything.... only now we have a new problem! he drools! usually hes pretty dry mouthed, only drools after he has a drink....or when hes on a really long walk. but now when hes sleeping his whole neck and his head is soaked in drool! up to his ears! also hes got sort of pinkish staining around his lips now! and a spot of almost purple staining(looks like tear stain) on one of his lips.

Do saints just all of a sudden one day start drooling?  also this much? maybe he is teething?
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Drooling and pinkess around the mouth
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 05:07:32 am »
I'm not sure what is going on with him but I would take him back to vet for some advice to be on the safe side. Being covered in drool when he wakes up from a nap sounds a bit much to me. I do know know though that the spots on the lips/tongue are ok. Bear has some spots which made me think that his long tongue was super special.  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 10:15:45 am »
Can you check his teeth? Maybe he has a splinter of wood or something, if he has been chewing sticks.  Sometimes having a sore tooth, or a scrape or something in the mouth can cause sudden excessive droopling, or maybe he's teething?   I think pups will sometimes feel kind of icky in general from teething, like human babies do sometimes.  Hope he is feeling better real soon.

Weedsport, NY

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 11:43:40 am »
Hmmm...i could wait till hes sleeping to check his mouth. He does fancy chewing on the evergreen trees in our yard, so maybe hes got a needle stuck up in there somewhere....s illy puppy
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 01:54:45 pm »
If he's drolling in his sleep, there might be something wrong, but be prepared for him to start drooling more during the day regardless, because they do start drooling more as they grow up
RIP former BPO