Author Topic: New Big Dog Owners  (Read 7946 times)

Offline writergirl

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: New Big Dog Owners
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2006, 12:23:43 pm »
Hello Everyone!

Proud to say we have a great dane/black lab mix female- Absolutley the most gigantic paws you have ever seen!
She is only just 6 months and already 65 lbs! Gonna be a big one!
She was a rescue from hurricane Katrina, and we coudln't be happyier with her.
Very intellignet, loves all our 8 kids... she is perfect!

We also have a black lab/golden retriver ( fully black coat) mix who is 5 months- she is sooo tiny! Only 20-25 lbs- It is a riot to watch the 2 of them play.

Just to put out there- if anyone has a female black lab/great dane mix puppy - that needs a home- We would love her!

Cheers!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2006, 12:25:08 pm »
Welcome.  Glad to meet you.  Look forward to seeing many many pictures of your kids.

I'm Lin...from Michigan.  I am owned and taken care of by my Lady and Grace (the Rotten Rottweillers)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2006, 12:46:40 pm »
Welcome to BPO Writergirl.  My name is Ang, and i have a Great Dane named Sanity who's the love of my life, and a Chinook named Hobo, and an evil English Setter named Araby.

I saw you were looking for another Dane mix puppy.  PLEASE think about that for awhile.  Many people who have Dane puppies think that they're the most perfect wonderful well behaved puppies ever.  What it is is that they're spending so much energy growing that thye don't have the gumption to do puppy trouble like things.  When the overnight growing stops, usually around 8 months, that's when they do puppy destruction.  Cept they're like 80 - 100 pounds by then so it's ALOT of destruction.  Most Danes that are brought in for behavior issues are 8-14 months old. 

I'm just saying that it would be easier if you waited till your pup was a little more mature before you brought another into your home.  Good luck!

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2006, 04:40:09 pm »
Welcome to BPO!  I'm Melissa.  I have a Giant Schnauzer pup named Dazy and a Miniature Schnauzer named Ladybug. 

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2006, 01:56:00 am »
Wow, you have alot of puppies in your house now!  4 dogs all under 1 yr old?  And you're looking for another?  Wow!!   :o  :o  You must have your hands full!

Offline IZ

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2006, 09:23:14 am »
Hi everyone - I have posted a few times but never fully introduced my "family". I am Jennifer and my husband is David and we have our newest "baby" IZ - he is a 15 week-old Newfoundland. We live in Granger Twp, Ohio - (located between Cleveland and Akron). Have not seen too many other Ohio folks on Big Paws - would love to know if there are any!
Is anyone out there planning on going to the National Newf show in Maryland in March? We are planning on it - it will be Iz's first show - quite a biggie to make his debut :) Would love to meet any other Big Paws folks there...
By the way - thanks to all for the assistance so far - it's been a fabulous (and rough) first four weeks and we so appreciate all of the advice.
Jennifer - IZ's Mom

"I like my daddy better".  -Iz

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2006, 09:34:34 am »
Hi everyone - I have posted a few times but never fully introduced my "family". I am Jennifer and my husband is David and we have our newest "baby" IZ - he is a 15 week-old Newfoundland. We live in Granger Twp, Ohio - (located between Cleveland and Akron). Have not seen too many other Ohio folks on Big Paws - would love to know if there are any!
Is anyone out there planning on going to the National Newf show in Maryland in March? We are planning on it - it will be Iz's first show - quite a biggie to make his debut :) Would love to meet any other Big Paws folks there...
By the way - thanks to all for the assistance so far - it's been a fabulous (and rough) first four weeks and we so appreciate all of the advice.
IZ certainly is cute!  I'm not far from Ohio...in Michigan.  I pass through Ohio when I go see my mom and dad in WVa.  There are a few Ohio members here.
Welcome and we hope to hear all about your little bundle of love.