Author Topic: I too find this a bit offensive  (Read 2026 times)

BabsT

I too find this a bit offensive
« on: October 10, 2005, 03:17:31 am »
I dont think people should be singled out unless a complaint can be proven true...I did not go against board rules...Maybe a general post or email to all BOP members should made not to single people out without any sort of evidence

If a complaint is made by a member they should provide the post that they found offensive and email it to a moderator(s) and go from there BUT just because someone got their feelings hurt doesnt mean the poster did anything.

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
Re: I too find this a bit offensive
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 03:21:00 am »
i think that, strong personalities prolly dont do well in communities that try to keep it warm and fun and safe.
so far the site has done well?
but as it grows, different personality will clash, and that is why the option to ignore posters is a great one.
many forums have that option and peace can abound if those people do choose that option
i didnt check the preferences settings yet.
but i think it is neat that this site has grown so big!
it is way cool
but along with that will come some dickerings or waves......
anyway, apologies to those who were offended, if they want to pm me, they can.
otherwise i wont know what i did wrong or how to say things.....
i will be forever in a state of confusion! ROTFL!!!
just kidding.....
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 03:31:58 am »
We get several complaints all of the time but it doesn't mean we send warnings everytime. It always depends on the nature of the argument as well as several other variables. When over time we get several similar complaints, it usually warrants a note. It’s not meant to be offensive, but rather to clear the air and just let you know that your responses have bothered others. There is no reason to get upset, just be aware of it and try to change your presentation.

As I said earlier, I don’t have time to read every post – I’m usually busy keeping this place exciting and engaging – developing new ideas and trying to innovate – all for the sake of your experience. It takes a lot of time. To dig up all of the arguments, posts, previous posts that were edited, and then argue with each individual on best practices and semantics, takes even more time, nor is it necessary. Just be aware and be more sensitive. That’s all I am asking.

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 03:32:45 am »
SAR you are absolutely correct.

Sometimes there are very few tactful ways to tell people that they should not be considering breeding their dog, or that they need to pursue training, or etc etc etc.

Some things cannot and SHOULD not be sugarcoated.

That is the way of the world.
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 03:33:58 am »
Babs,
Everyone here should be made to feel welcome and safe. The manner in which people have been responded to on several occasions was harsh and sometimes very rude which did cause people to get their feelings hurt. I understand that some people can have "thin skin" but this was not the case. When serveral members are complaing about the manner in which they have been responded to it is an issue for the administration to take on.
The way in which  you respond to people can change their opinion of you. You can state something in a nonoffensive, nondemeaning way. You also need to say something once to get your point across. Once it has been made their is no sense in beating a dead hose. The peson will then do with your information/advice what they wish.
These are two of the points that were brought up on several occasions by several members and even though you didn't officially break the rules you managed to make them so unhappy that they stopped posting for fear of your harsh reactions to them.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

BabsT

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 03:37:39 am »
Not to sound rude but all I have is your word that there were several complaints BUT if the original poster cannot prove a point of someone being rude or offensive than that is rather one sided, no?

I really dont know how you are clearning the air BUT to send me a personal message stating that  people find me rude  with nothing backing up your statement is rather wrong and offensive to me

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 03:47:05 am »
i am still confused and prolly will walk thru life that way ;)
if you cant point out the how where and when, than how do we know?
did i just say all that?
hmmmm
LOL
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505