Author Topic: day 3  (Read 9155 times)

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: day 3
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2005, 09:29:43 am »
ooh,I didn't mean to start an argument about the whole subject.  :-\
Good news though! And thanks to everyone (again) for your support and advice. I did what you suggested and I actually got some sleep last night.
YAH!!!
She went into the crate at 11 by herself and layed down, she woke up at 1 and pottied on the kitchen floor (my fault, I didn;t get there in time). After that I took the crate into the living room with me and she slept till between 4:30 and 5 and whined, I ran her outside and she went to the bathroom, I brought her back in and put her back in there and she went back to sleep till 7. (she was hungry then). So... I slept, my husband slept and all is right in Kristy's world again.  ;D

ann

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2005, 10:18:17 am »

i'm glad to hear you got some sleep, i'm sure everything will be fine and don't worry about starting an argument thier are some topics that just turn out that way..thier are so many ways to train dogs the old way is alot of negitive ways but thank god as we study a dogs mind more we learn how to work with them on thier level so good luck keep us posted .............. ......

ann

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2005, 11:12:14 am »
Great news!...A decent nights sleep always did me wonders in my attitude in Samson's real puppy days!...You just wait!...One day you will be able to relax & then will realize that you got through it o.k....Of coarse, you will then miss her being a puppy. :-\

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2005, 11:19:42 am »
I am glad things are going well for you.  That is the best news.  It really seems you have a handle on the pup's behavior.  Cudos to you!

As far as argument is concerned.  I guess I missed that.  We all interpret things in our own way.  I think that thumping the crate with a rolled up newspaper is not meant to "scare the heck" out of the pup, but to interrupt the whining and get her attention so she will observe that moment of silence during which a treat can be given to her for her calmness.  When Greta and Lou were younger and they got into things I would swat a rolled up paper on the table, wall, etc. and they learned that this was my display of dominance...le tting them know that I did not approve of what they were doing.  It worked very well and it by no means caused them to fear me, or rolled up papers either.  It was merely for the sound, to interrupt what they were doing and have them take notice of my displeasure.  It made life simpler, and we never even do that now.  We don't have to.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2005, 07:07:48 am »
Try this.  I have been having problems with Grace not sleeping past 3 am lately.  Last night I took her for a mile long walk at 10 pm.  and I took her bed and rubbed my scent on it and we got to sleep through the night. 
I doubt it 's the walk that wore her out since she's so high energy...and I'm positive the bed that smelled like mama did the trick.  :)

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2005, 08:48:47 am »
thanks for the advice. We have gotten through the past two nights with ease. I had to get up only twice. And potty training during the day has been good too! (knock on wood  ;) )