Author Topic: electric collar anyone?  (Read 2710 times)

Offline lil_princess724

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
electric collar anyone?
« on: June 23, 2005, 01:14:38 pm »
Hey to my wonderful BPO friends. I took a electric collar seminar last saturday and bailey is a totally different dog. I would like to purchase one. But unfortanetly she has been costing ALOT of money and would like to buy but don't have 100-200 dollars any advice or anyone who has one they would like to sell :-\? See Bailey had horriable cough took her to the vet and he gave us meds and she is doing alot better, 190 dollars later. But a year and half ago she was hit by a car and it cracked two of her teeth well we wanted them both pulled but the vet pulled one and did a pulpectomey 1,000 later. Well now that front tooth is rotting and they want to do a root canal, 800 or pull it and do a bone reconstruction 500-1,000. What am i to do. I love her but she is breaking us! any advice. I guess i just needed to vent. On a good note i have been doing a scrap book for her and it is totally cute. WIsh i could share it with everyone. thanks for listening.
Cassandra
        Bailey's mom

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Re: electric collar anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 03:02:15 pm »
I got a shock collar for Rocco when I took him to my Grandmother's country house because he is a runner.  It worked wonders.  I got it off Ebay for about $75.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 04:49:49 pm »
I wouldn't put an electronic collar on any dog except for an absolute last resort in training...Hav e you tried any traditional type training classes?...& lastly, put the collar on & give yourself a zap...Not pleasant...You r scrap book sounds cute!...Samson has a baby album I am working on...& it sounds like you are having a run of bad luck with vet bills...OUCH!

« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 04:54:14 pm by GYPSY JAZMINE »

ann

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 05:20:40 pm »
its true shock collars work but at what cost to the dog i see alot of dogs on a daily bacis and i will tell ya i can see in a dogs eyes that they are made to wear a shock collar they lose thier spark ..i'm sure at the seminar you went to they said all kinds of positive things about them but please do more research and talk to alot of trainers its sounds like your dog has been through alot of negative things already ,and if you do get one atleast get one thats good don't buy a used one ..the cheap ones sometimes shock on thier own and  will keep shocking after you quit pushing the button...in my perfect world no body would even think about them.......... .....ann

Offline lil_princess724

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 07:44:19 pm »
i understand, the main reason i took the seminar is she is awful with come that is one reason she got hit. On top of everything she has seperation anxiety. i do love this dog, my husband too but he never had a dog before so i am the one who puts in all the time. no biggie i love her and she is wonderful. just venting. the collar i am bidding on ebay is a vibrating one not shock, kind of like a pager. we will see :-\
Cassandra
        Bailey's mom

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 08:45:34 pm »
I certainly understand the need for something more in light of her being hit!...I really hope you are able to get the vibrating collar!...That sounds like it might be of help!...Good luck!...I will keep my fingers crossed that all works out for you!