Author Topic: the case of the missing earring??  (Read 2220 times)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
the case of the missing earring??
« on: April 30, 2006, 03:06:03 am »
well... this was my saturday! 

i don't wear much jewelry at all!  i'm sort of anti jewelry! but for my graduation, my parents got me a diamond necklace and a pair of white gold diamond earrings.. i put them in the bottom of this case that the necklace came in (they were also with a necklace that has a heart with fumble's name engraved in it hehe).. so i wore the necklace the other day to work and when i got home, i put it away and put it on the very back of my nightstand... wellll..... yesterday i was on the phone with my parents, talking about steps for the car.. i was in my sisters room because she was vaccuuming.. well i come out and she picks up the box with my jewelry in it and puts it on the table.. well there's an earring missing! i totally flipped out! looked EVERYWHERE! and just sort of came to the conclusion that fumble swallowed it.. so, i got out my gloves from work, lol! and knew that it was going to be a long day of sifting through some fumble land mines..  well after two poops, i decided i would give the vaccuum bag a shot! where, indeed i found the back and the earring, but no diamond :(  i'm not sure what happened! but i came to the conclusion that these things happen, and after searching through the vaccuum bag 3 times, it was time to accept that the diamond was no longer here..  but hey! honestly, i was just more relieved that i wasn't going to have to go through anymore land mines! so that was my stress free saturday!   :o needless to say i was very happy to do absolutely nothing today!!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: the case of the missing earring??
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 05:05:29 am »
Sorry to hear you lost your earring.

I lost one of my diamond earrings at the dog park about 3 weeks ago.  A dog jumped on me from behind while I was sitting on a bench and pawed at the back of my head.  I checked and yup, lost my earring.  I eventually found the back, which was no easy feat since our dog park is wood chips and dirt, but have never found the earring.  I'm bummed b/c hubby gave them to me for Valentines day a few years ago.  Plus, I have super sensitive ears and have to wear gold posts, and that was the only pair I had with gold posts.

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 05:52:48 am »
Dazy is a licker and when she does, she goes right for the ears.  And it never fails, she will unlatch my earring.  But luckily, she spits it right out. Cause she knows that  it's a no no. lol 

Offline galaxybears

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • chins n newfs
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 05:46:52 am »
What a shame you lost the diamond :(

I remember just after I got married, I was up a ladder doing something, don't know what it was now though! As I was coming down the ladder and about to step off, my stupid GSD went behind me. Lost lost my balance and fell backwards knocking my hand against the washing machine  :o. I looked at my engagement ring and the sapphire was missing.... I wasn't impressed!! Mindy you, I must have been extremely lucky, as I managed to find it on the floor... Even though the floor tiles were blue!
Shelley
Mum to Molly, Honey and Kitten
RIP my darling Bronte