Author Topic: Saint/Pyr mix at Austin pound  (Read 2755 times)

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Saint/Pyr mix at Austin pound
« on: May 18, 2006, 11:02:59 pm »
This beautiful sweetie is at Austin's Town Lake Animal Center. It is the city pound, and they have a 52% euthanasia rate, though there is a strong local push for the city to reach a no-kill status.

Here's Gus: http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/tlac/all.htm

The email I got about him said his guardian watched him being picked up by animal control and called him stupid, saying he was the kid's dog. The shelter workers say he's just quiet, confident, and outgoing. :) Sounds like a sweetheart.

His deadline was extended to 5pm Thursday, but I just checked today's email. They put animals to sleep in the mornings, before they open. If you don't call that evening, they may be gone. But there's a chance that he'll be there tomorrow, so I wanted to post him here. They also featured a 7-y-old black lab dumped due to "no more time". This formerly outside only baby was adopted out of the newspaper and probably ignored after the cute puppy stage. His deadline is noon on Friday. Here he is:

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/tlac/all.htm

They're supposed to be pulled by approved rescuerers (due to my current living situation, I can't be on that list, but I know someone who can pull cats so maybe she can pull dogs). They may be available through red-alert adoption (slightly different than regular adoption, b/c you can adopt animals not in the adoption runs and I think the process may vary a bit).

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Saint/Pyr mix at Austin pound
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 11:06:22 pm »
ugh, links not working...

Try this:
http: //www.petharbor.com/get_image.asp?RES=Detail&ID=AXXXXXX&LOCATION=ASTN

But fill in the xxxxxx w/ 429526 for Gus, the Saint/Pyr, and 154523 for Nahnook, the lab.

If that doesn't work, the links on the first post should take you to the search page. Gus is listed under male dogs under 1 year. Nahnook is listed under male dogs over 1 year. I didn't enter a size as those are sometimes mixed up.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 11:07:41 pm by macybean »

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 09:39:09 am »
Here are the pics

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 12:38:12 pm »
Gus is being pulled. Nahnook still needs rescue or adoption. The frustrating thing is that I am buying a home right now and currently rent. They have to do a landlord check, and even though I'm moving within the month, they'd say no. Otherwise, I'd be down there in line right now...

I think TLAC might also have a two dog limit, and I've got two already.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 01:23:04 pm »
YAY for Gus! Hopefully Nahnook will find a home soon!

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 01:39:40 pm »
I just called the adoption center. They will want to call the landlord or if I had owned a home for 6 months or more it'd show up in the CAD system.