Author Topic: Sweet Weimaraner Needs A Home  (Read 4381 times)

EllieAndBlu

Sweet Weimaraner Needs A Home
« on: February 02, 2006, 04:54:45 pm »
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 03:13:07 am by EllieAndBlu »

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Sweet Weimaraner Needs A Home
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 05:08:23 pm »
What a sweet face on that guy!!! I truly hope you find him the perfect home. He looks like a wonderful friend.
You can put a classified ad on Petfinder.com and that is not a bad way to find people who are looking for a dog, but whatever you do... don't give him away for free! Charge an adoption fee! Some people will take a "free" dog just because it's free. You want to find someone ideally who has been looking specifically for a Weimaraner to rescue. I think you should really interview potential adopters. I have an adoption application I can email you if it would make you feel better about checking out potential homes.
 :)
I hope the best for him!!!!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 05:09:21 pm »
I am a sucker for tall, dark, and handsome.  I wish I could help out but I am in TX.  Have you tried contacting the local Weim Rescue?  He could foster with you and then you would get to interview and home check his new home. 

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 11:27:39 am »
Ellie and Blu,
I have emailed this post to my sister and brother in law, living in Michigan and am waiting for a call back. Brother in law is definetely interested in homing Riley, and he couldn't find a better one. He would have a spayed female boxer/lab cross (Maybe, she was a stray so parentage is  ???) sister to play with, and kids (18 and 12) to love on. They do have two cats but they are very dog-savvy. Will let you know.
We may need to put the BPO transport system into action, but I am sure we can make this happen if they are interested.
Stella

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 05:01:29 pm »
Stella,

Since Riley is in Atlanta and I'm down here in Bloomington and go up toward Michigan all the time...I can definitely be a part of the BPO Riley Railroad!

Where is your sister and BIL? I think Dale told me....Grand Rapids, right? It would be no problem for me to get Riley from like, Louisville (or somewhere around here) to Grand Rapids...so... if we can get him closer than Atlanta...

hehehhee...I'm already planning!!!

Let me know if you need my help!

GR8DAME

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 05:16:27 pm »
THE ANSWER IS YES!!!!!!!!!!
I have a home for Riley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need to get ahold of Ellie and Blu, if anyone can help me out with a phone number or something so we can put this in motion. I can also give her my sisters' phone number and she can speak with them and ask whatever questions she needs to feel comfortable. I will personally vouch for them as loving fur parents.
Nicole, I will let you know if you can help in any way, and I appreciate the offer.
Stella

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 05:24:34 pm »
Stella! That's fantastic!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

I'm so excited! ANOTHER BPO SUCCESS STORY!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 12:55:06 pm »
I contacted Stella, so you should here from them soon. I hope this works out! Keep us updated!

enuffpaws

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 02:12:29 pm »
We connected!!! ;D
After a morning of internet challenges, I spoke to Ellie andblu on the phone and she is contacting my BIL. This may actually happen, Boys and Girls, and we are excited. Will keep you informed.
Dale ;)

Nicole

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 07:02:26 pm »
YAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAY!

This is great news! I'm so excited for Riley and for Sis and Bro-in-law!!! HOW COOL!

And, the offer still stands, the BPO Underground Dog Railroad is open for business!

GR8DAME

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 01:33:02 am »
Bump, because I am a nervous wreck...
Stella

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 01:39:20 am »
Still no word?!

GR8DAME

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 01:56:48 am »
No :'(.
And I am on pins and needles... I don't want to be a pain and call.
Stella
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 01:57:26 am by GR8DAME »

GR8DAME

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2006, 10:09:56 am »
Got it, and thanks, Rachel. I promise I will sit back, shut up and wait pateintly...LO L Spoke to Theresa and Steve and they will do the same. If this works, it may take us a week or two to work out transport, if that helps at all, to help your room mate get a handle on things. You can always PM me (yes, it worked fine on Sunday, I just got nervous), as Dale or I check in on a daily basis like good little BPO addicts. ;D
Stella

GR8DAME

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2006, 03:24:36 pm »
I'll call them when I get home from work, Rachel. Thanks for letting us know the decision.
Stella