Author Topic: Chachi is in the house!  (Read 1822 times)

GR8DAME

Chachi is in the house!
« on: February 15, 2006, 12:39:27 am »
Megan's baby Chachi (renamed Hooch at Nick's insistance) has settled in well. His new Mommy will be picking him up sometime on Sunday. Although this rescue stuff has it's own rewards, it is not something that I could do on a regular basis. Sending him away when he has settled in so well is breaking my heart, and Casey has become very attached as well. I wish circumstances were different and I could keep him.
Stella

Nicole

Re: Chachi is in the house!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 12:55:03 am »
Oh Stella!

I totally know how you feel! I wish I could keep lil Eddie, too! He's super adorable and we're both really attached to one another. He's also settled in really well here. Cabeza is even letting him jump on his head, and they played a little bit of tug today.

But, Eddie has a new home all lined up and I've got a Saint coming in June! So, its all for the best, but it still breaks my heart. And I'm going to have him until March 10! Its going to be super tough!!! hahahaha!

Hooch is really cute! That pic of him sleeping on the chair really shows off his coloring. He's such a gorgeous chocolate color! WOW! I'm glad that he's settled in well and its been a good experience for everyone. Will Casey get to visit the lil guy in his new home? Is the new family someone you know?

GR8DAME

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 07:36:24 am »
No, the new home is a friend of a friend of a friend thing. He will be living out in Aurora, about an hour or so away. The wonderful thing is that I made contact with a lady who is very active in a small pit rescue, and she is treating it like an adoption thu the rescue. They have done a home visit, checked all the references, the new folks will sign a contract for manditory training classes, nuetering and random wellness checks for one year. It really is a win/win situation for the little guy, and I couldn't be happier for him.
Seriously, my hat is off to everyone that does foster, and is active in rescue. I can't do it regularly, I would be a basket case.
The ironic thing is that due to a few bad experiences,(as discussed with Megan before)I don't even like pit bulls as a breed, personally. (before all the pit parents get all over me, I prefer a more mellow, larger breed like danes and mastiffs, or a larger dog, like a doberman, it is a personal preference.)And it is still tearing me up!
Stella

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 10:08:43 am »
Well... we all saw how "well" my extended household did with "fostering" (p.s. Riley is doing well).... I have nothing but the highest respect and admiration for you and Nicole! Y'all truly are the special guardian angels these pups so badly needed! I applaud you both!

« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 10:20:17 am by EllieAndBlu »

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 10:12:48 am »
He's a cutie!! I can see how hard it is for you. I'm sure he'll fit in wonderfully in his new home.

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 09:50:39 pm »
OMG! My baby looks so happy ;D
I'm so glad you found him a home, Stella, I'm so grateful you did this for me and the pups :-*
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats