Author Topic: Currently in need of rescue...  (Read 5905 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Currently in need of rescue...
« on: March 17, 2006, 05:45:27 pm »
Ok, I know I post dogs in need all the time so now I am just going to post them in this thread as I find them, so that I am not dirtying up the board with all of my new posts! :P

Currently in need, as of Saint Patty's day...
A beautiful merle female Dane is at the pound in Augusta Ga!

This DOG - ID#A004320

I am a female, brown merle great dane.
My age is unknown.
I have been at the shelter since Mar 16, 2006.

For more information about this animal, call:
Augusta Animal Services at (706) 790-6836
Ask for information about animal ID number A004320

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Currently in need of rescue...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 05:49:36 pm »
Also this Dane came up on Petfinder in S. Alabama.

1108411- Dog:Great Dane
Summerdale,AL 251-269-1860 Vicky and Rich amazongurl1221@yahoo.com 03-17-2006
Name: Maltese
Sex:M
Size:XL
 Maltese was rescued from an abusive situation. He has proven to be a very loyal and loving companion. Favorite past time is playing with his soccer balls. He loves kids of all ages, but keep in mind his size. Doesnt mind cats at all, but can be food aggressive toward other dogs. He is definately the alpha male. He is completely housebroken. UTD on all shots. He needs a home with plenty of room to run and play. He is energetic and will go for hours. He loves to travel anywhere, but will guard the vehicle. He knows basic commands. Adoption fee does apply! 

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 05:55:59 pm »
And... my last for today (3/17) is a Pyr down at the local shelter here in Nashville, Tn. Pyrs show up ALL THE TIME here in Nashville. It's crazy. The Pyr Rescue is always full.
There are actually two of them right now at animal control, this picture is the best they can do.

This DOG - ID#A008935

I am a male, white great pyrenees.
The shelter thinks I am about 2 years old.
I have been at the shelter since Mar 16, 2006
Nashville / Davidson County Metro Animal Control at (615) 862-7928
Ask for information about animal ID number A008935

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 11:28:29 am »
Ok, I know I post dogs in need all the time so now I am just going to post them in this thread as I find them, so that I am not dirtying up the board with all of my new posts! :P

Currently in need, as of Saint Patty's day...
A beautiful merle female Dane is at the pound in Augusta Ga!

This DOG - ID#A004320

I am a female, brown merle great dane.
My age is unknown.
I have been at the shelter since Mar 16, 2006.

Augusta Animal Services at (706) 790-6836
Ask for information about animal ID number A004320

Oh my goodness! She looks so much like my Sadie! If I could adopt her I would but she is so far away! :'(
Where exactly is Agusta?
Carole

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 12:03:46 pm »
Augusta is a few hours away from Atlanta, Ga, Right on the border of South Carolina.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 01:09:08 pm »
Here's a new one as of the 19th of March.

1109557- Dog:Great Pyrenees
Macon,GA 478-747-4544 Melissa moor1101@bellsouth.net 03-19-2006
Name: Forrest
Purebred white Great Pyrenees. 100 lbs. Beautiful, affectionate, great with kids, exellent watchdog. Not small-pet safe. Up-to-date on shots. Housebroken. Adoption fee does apply. 

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 03:55:47 pm »
If anyone needs help with this girl, I am available. She is two hours from me in the Chattanooga area.

1110429- Dog:Great Dane
Signal Mountain,TN 423-716-3514 Jonina Eyvindsdottir jonina22@hotmail.com 03-20-2006
Name: Isabelle
Sex:F
 Black with white markings, pure breed and is AKC regestered. Needs a good and loving home prefered with other dogs. She is a loving playful little girl but she is a little sceptic with men she dosent know because she was abused as a puppy. But she is really good when she gets to know them. Owner has to leave the country and cant take her with him. She has all her vaccination up to date but she is not neautered because she was soposed to be a breeding dog in the future. Only to a good and stable home with dog loving people. I will ask for a small adoption fee just to be sure only serious people contacts me. For more information call 423-716-3514 dont send e-mails.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 06:56:37 pm »
This sounds sad...

1110128- Dog:Doberman
mobile,AL 251-379-0353 michelle mhalseth@turnersupply.com 03-20-2006
Name: Lady
Sex:F
Size:L
 Sweetheart, extremely playful, potty trained, creat trained. all aournd good additude. all she wants is to be in your lap. need to find a home ASAP!!! 

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 02:43:56 pm »
March 21.
These two ads are in GA, and I find them both very sad. :(

1110692- Dog:weimaraner
guyton/savannah,GA 912-772-8652 misty DAWN4652002@YAHOO.COM 03-21-2006
Name: beauty
Size:M
beauty is a very active 3 legged dog.she does best with adults and older children.needs to be inside only,she will get out of any fence.very loving needs to find a new home due to the fact that my two female dogs have decided after 2 years they hate each other.please help before they kill one another.thanks 

1111141- Dog:akbash
Dacula,GA 7709322841 Ann Andrews gann2841@yahoo.com 03-21-2006
Name: Clyde
Delete Wonderful large dog. Has been debarked. Nervous around small children but we are training him. We love him but neighbors are afraid. Must find loving home with strong handler. 

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 06:54:02 pm »
Anyone in the Asheville NC area, this guy sounds like he really needs his forever home:

1114759- Dog:Great Dane
asheville,NC 7174483252 krystal kinsell krystal.kinsel l@gmail.com 03-27-2006
Name: Thompson
 We have a lovely great dane named Thompson who is an absolute sweetheart. He knows basic obedience (were working on "stay") and can sit, lie down, go to his bed, walks well on a leash, etc. He does not lick visitors (he will sniff) or jump up. He has never gotten into the trash or stolen food from the table, and is just an all around "good" house dog. He loves to lay on the couch and put his head in the nearest humans lap! Thompson recently had a visit to the vet due to GI problems. Due to his behavior around all of these strange people touching him, the vet inquired about his attitude toward children, b/c he suspected that he would be quite nervous around them. We tested this when the neighbors kids came down...when they approached him Thompsons hair stood up and he got a bit fearful (he was cornered.) Our fear is that as our daughter begins to walk, and run (as young ones often do!) he will "bolt" in fear, and knock her down. Childrens play such as pulling on the ears, etc would not be accepted by him whatsoever! I really hate this. Weve only had this dog a little under a year, and passing him from home to home really isnt fair to him. However, because of his nervous tendencies (probably due to his puppyhood, paired with improper socialization) he gets a littled "stressed" even with baby crying. (BTW, the vet suspected that the GI issues could have been easily related to stress) He deserves to be in an environment where he feels safe and without a lot of chaotic change. He strongly prefers females, needs to be an inside dog only (as he is very much a "velcro" dog), and preferably needs to be with someone familiar with the breed, or to become educated on Danes before adopting him. (behavior and temperment, health issues such as bloat and what to do if bloat is suspected, exercise requirements, etc). I would like to "check out" his new living space before he is re-homed, and if possible, obtain vet references. Email with questions, for additional info, and photos!!! 

Offline sobe

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 01:27:19 pm »
There is a Newfie there too, it is breaking my heart to see the pictures of these animals, several are soo scared.

Here's the Newfie, it doesn't say how much time these dogs have but I venture to guess it's not long.

This DOG - ID#A009012

I am a male, black newfoundland.

I have been at the shelter since Mar 18, 2006.

This information is 1 hour old.
http://www.petharbor.com/results.asp?searchtype=ALL&friends=0&samaritans=0&nosuccess=0&rows=10&imght=120&imgres=thumb&view=sysadm.v_animal_short&fontface=arial&fontsize=10&zip=37203&miles=10&shelterlist='NASH'&where=type_DOG,size_l&PAGE=4   
7th dog on the list is the Newfie

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 01:39:39 pm »
And... my last for today (3/17) is a Pyr down at the local shelter here in Nashville, Tn. Pyrs show up ALL THE TIME here in Nashville. It's crazy. The Pyr Rescue is always full.
There are actually two of them right now at animal control, this picture is the best they can do.

This DOG - ID#A008935

I am a male, white great pyrenees.
I have been at the shelter since Mar 16, 2006
Nashville / Davidson County Metro Animal Control at (615) 862-7928
Ask for information about animal ID number A008935

OMG he looks like Luke's twin(maybe he is pyr mix after all)! We'd take him in a heartbeat if we were in the position to. I am completely baffled at how many dogs are in need of a home. 
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 02:37:32 pm »
Yep, that Pyrenees is still at the shelter. So are all the Saint Bernard mix puppies. It is a mess how many dogs need homes! Beautiful dogs! Amazing dogs!!!

A pair of mastiffs in Kentucky...

1115745- Dog:English Mastiff
Falmouth,KY 859-654-1572 jackie Webster jd_web23@yahoo.com 03-28-2006
Name: Maximus
 I have a pair of English Mastiffs a M&F. I would like them to stay as a pair becuase they are best buds. Male is 4 and Dark Brindle House Trained he weighs about 180lbs Female is 2 and Fawn She is Crate Trained we are still working on her she weighs about 160lbs. They are both very loving dogs. They will need to be in a home w/o small dogs due to their size they can easily hurt a small dog. 

Offline galaxybears

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • chins n newfs
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2006, 03:34:24 pm »
Poor babies :-[
Shelley
Mum to Molly, Honey and Kitten
RIP my darling Bronte

Offline roxygirl

• Full Fledged Chewer