Author Topic: Durable "Squeak" Toy  (Read 6567 times)

Offline bobmarleythedog

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • The Good Life of Bob Marley [the Dog]
Durable "Squeak" Toy
« on: March 23, 2006, 07:42:01 pm »
Even though Bob Marley is just a puppy, he can chew up his stuffed squeak toys like nothing.  We've gone through a few where the stuffed toy just ripped open and we had to retire it or the toy no longer squeaked.

Well, this past weekend we went to a pet store and bought a squeak toy that had advertised as being "battle tested" and "all combat."  And so far, so good!  The toy is still in tip top shape, which is great!  One of the recent squeak toys we bought for Marley was ripped open after one playtime...

You can check out the toy here: http://www.bamboopet.com/all_products/detail.php?ID=824557405&nID=2z5

They have others that are built the same but are different shapes here:
http://www.bamboopet.com/dogs/toys/

I'm not sure if they have it at PetsMart or PetCo, because I got mine at a pet store that isn't franchised but is one of the better stores over here in So. Cal. (Centinela Feed and Pet Supplies), but you can locate a store that sells their stuff on their website.

Just thought I'd share with all of you, since I know there has to be many of you who have doggies that just love squeak toys!

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Durable "Squeak" Toy
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 08:05:15 pm »
I'm not sure if they have it at PetsMart or PetCo, because I got mine at a pet store that isn't franchised but is one of the better stores over here in So. Cal. (Centinela Feed and Pet Supplies), but you can locate a store that sells their stuff on their website.

Just thought I'd share with all of you, since I know there has to be many of you who have doggies that just love squeak toys!

Thanks!  I was going to post asking about "unbreakable" squeekers.  It IS available at petsmart and petco btw. :)
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

Dobe SDs

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 10:18:34 pm »
Thanks for the heads up on the link!  I've added it to my favorites.  As you guys probably know, very few "indestructible" toys have made it past our Tia Test.  The Hartz Denta Bone is now about 8 months old and although ragged - holding up.  PetsMart has some rubber tires about the size of a donut with a nice tread to grind teeth on and those last about 2 months.  Kongs are showing no signs of abuse at nearly a year old.  Nylabones - detroyed, kevlar chew toys - picked apart at the seams both within 3 days.  I'm always up for giving a promising product the Tia Test!
So again, Thanks :)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 10:51:37 pm »
The battle-tested stuffed toy lasted about 4 days here...but they enjoyed the heck out of it until it died.  The big tire made it about an hour...we have the biggest one now and they aren't too interested in it.  The big fav. right now is the battle tested frisbee.  It's made it through some tough tug-a-dog sessions!

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 01:13:26 am »
Another one bites the dust!  Holly killed another bird tonight.  It will be thrown in the trash, I mean laid to rest when she's not looking to avoid stressing her (or having her dig it back out  lol). ;D 

The poor thing was only a few days old and was safely put away for most of that time.  Squeeker still works though. ;)  Usually that's the first thing to go.  I don't have much hope for her sheep now. ::)
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

Dobe SDs

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 08:11:18 am »
[the battle tested frisbee]  Is that a Kong frisbee, or the Rubber Biscuit??

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 09:11:33 am »
Neither.  It's made out of the same stuff the "battle-tested" toys...it's just not stuffed.  It actually looks like a Landseer frisbee (white with black spots).  I'll get a picture of it later today.  I'm sure you can get it wherever they have the battle-tested toys. ;)

Even the fire hose toys only last a few days.  Oddly enough, they are most gentle with the soft stuffed toys.  ::)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 03:07:13 pm »
thanks for the siteS!! i needed something! fumble tears apart the squeaker toys just to get the noise things out of them!  this makes me very nervous, but he'll get the noise maker and walk around with it in his mouth and make the noise happen!  so a durable non breakable toy would be fantastic!!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!