Author Topic: Why? (Non-dog related)  (Read 3355 times)

k2campbell

Why? (Non-dog related)
« on: May 07, 2007, 03:36:46 am »
This is long, sorry. Had to get it off my chest though...

For those of you who have had children, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about when I refer to the "VERY pregnant and not putting up with people's crap" stage. Well I'm in that now, and I just can't get over the way some people (let alone a really close friend) have acted!!!

It was Eric's 30th b-day over the weekend, I had a party for him here at home. Invited literally ALL of his friends, whether close or not (as I knew he'd want them all there). So we had a housefull of about 40 + people. We did it on Friday in the hope that most people would be tired from work that day and not end up staying until the wee hours of the morning. Especially with my high blood pressure, I don't know if I could have handled complete stooper drunkeness in my house until 4 AM (ha ha). Anyhow it went really good and everyone left by 1:30 AM...

So. Some of our friends had mentioned they wouldn't be able to come if their kids couldn't come. So of course I said "bring the kids then"! The party was never "marked" as a "no-kids party". We love kids and would never not want them around unless we clearly stated so (which we most likely never would anyhow)...

So a few of our friends ended up bring their kids, which was fine and Kate had a complete BLAST playing with them all!  ;D Off topic (but) she was such a good girl and loved them up sooooooooo much, gosh we are super proud of her and just can't wait to see her with our own little one! ;D ;D ;D

So one of my closest friends shows up. She immediately walked in the door, saw some of the kids and said "oh, I didn't know it was a kids-are-ok-party, why didn't you tell me that?" I was like "sorry, I never once implied that it was a no-kids-party and had so many people to get a hold of that I never thought twice to say bring your little one". She was FURIOUS. She went off. She said "well if I would have known he could have come than I wouldn't be here late, I would have come on time and brought him along (and) hubby too". Hubby was home watching the little guy...

I just said "I'm sorry, I didn't ever say no kids and if you interpreted it that way, I'm sorry." I had enough on my mind, am as big as a house and (frankly) didn't need that. So then she went around mingling and everytime anyone would ask how her little guy was she would say "good, but I could of brought him if Kelly would have let me know it wasn't a no-kids-party"! ARGGGGGHHHHHH!!! Seriously "get over it" is what I wanted to say! But, I left it alone and she only ended up staying a half hour or so anyghow cause she was so mad...

I honestly thought she didn't bring him because she wanted a break. I wasn't surprised her hubby didn't come because (even if he wasn't looking after the little guy) he is not a social fella and hasn't been to our place in over a year I'd say, she always comes alone.

So this morning I got a nasty email from her saying "I can't believe I could have brought baby and hubby, if you would have just told me, blah, blah, blah..."

WHY are people like this? WHY??? :P

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Why? (Non-dog related)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 03:57:19 am »
i'd have popped off "why don't you go get them, if you're so concerned over them not coming."  i hate it when people act that way, bad day or not, it's no reason to take it out on the hostess b/c you didn't ask!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 04:01:32 am »
Aw, Kelly. Some people think that just because they're close friends they can forget simple rules of conduct and civility. I'm sorry she was such a nasty-butt. I would have said exactly what Jenn did, quite honestly.

Glad to hear that Kate was a doggie rock-star, though! WHOOP!

k2campbell

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 04:02:17 am »
i'd have popped off "why don't you go get them, if you're so concerned over them not coming."  i hate it when people act that way, bad day or not, it's no reason to take it out on the hostess b/c you didn't ask!

Too funny you'd mention that, I did actually say "why don't you go get them then" and she said "well because I put him to bed before I came" all snooty.

Not my problem!!!

k2campbell

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 04:05:26 am »
Thanks guys  ;) :-*

And needless to say, I'm not even going to respond to her nasty little email I got this morning. Not worth getting my blood boiling again!!! :D ;)

k2campbell

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 04:06:31 am »
Quote--For those of you who have had children, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about when I refer to the "VERY pregnant and not putting up with people's crap" stage. --Unquote
 That was supposed to be a stage???I was supposed to go back to being nice??? Nobody told me, and the last kid was 13 years ago.

I love you Stella  :-*

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 04:10:43 am »
Is this the first time she's acted like a snob? She sounds like she's just that way. I would have had a hard time not telling her how I really felt, and I'm SUPER polite until I'm just pushed too far and I can't take it anymore. Being 8 or 9 mos pg is always a great excuse though. ;) I got into it with hubby's mom 9 mos pregnant with my last baby. Didn't think twice, just let it all out. lol

Anyway, your friend will get over it. I'd just ignore it and she'll eventually feel like a fool I would assume, that's just super silly and juvenile. ::)

k2campbell

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 04:19:10 am »
Quote--For those of you who have had children, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about when I refer to the "VERY pregnant and not putting up with people's crap" stage. --Unquote
 That was supposed to be a stage???I was supposed to go back to being nice??? Nobody told me, and the last kid was 13 years ago.

I love you Stella  :-*

Just doing my best to make you smile, My Dear  ;)
Stella

Ha ha ha - let me re-phrase. I really, really do love being pregnant, every aspect of it to tell you the truth  ;) BUT - I have found that I am completely irritable, especially when it comes to people acting like idiots  ;)

k2campbell

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 04:28:34 am »
Or even better "Yes it was a bring-your-kids party.  Except for you.  I don't like your kid" 

I LOVE your responses Tina, but this one is exactly how I think she thought I felt (because I didn't "specifically" invite her little one)... :P ::)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 05:29:57 am »
Quote--Ha ha ha - let me re-phrase. I really, really do love being pregnant, every aspect of it to tell you the truth   BUT - I have found that I am completely irritable, especially when it comes to people acting like idiots  Unquote
I really envy you then. I was a miserable, mean, hateful person when I was pregnant-Yes, more so than now. Dale used to cruise by the house every night before he came home just to make sure I was not on the roof with a rifle. Your snotty little friend would have had the life expectancy of a mayfly in my house when I was preggers.
Stella

i agree.  i'm awful when i'm pregnant.  the other night i about ripped hubby a new butt b/c he gave the boys a bath and forgot to throw the diapers away that he had taken off.  i turned around after yelling at him for 10 minutes about it and walked in another room and couldn't help but laugh it was so stupid   ???
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 06:23:22 am »
Wow you have way more patience for that kind of crap than I do. (And I am not pregnant, God help me when I am) I would have opened the door and pointed to the exit and booted her A$% to the curb.  :)

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 09:09:51 am »
[

I'm sorry she put a negative spin on a great night...next time maybe you can "forget" to tell her about a party in the first place! lol :-* :-*

[/quote]

Amen!!!  It sounds like she wasn't a very pleasant guest (to put it mildly).  :o  I think if I were having the party, next time she'd be wondering why she wasn't invited (and not about the invite for her child).  I also think that it's wonderful that you had 40 people over for a birthday party when you are preparing for a birth.  What an accomplishment and no one should take away your satisfaction in doing such a wonderful thing.  :-\  Good for you!!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees