Author Topic: Nicki the dog walker  (Read 11301 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Nicki the dog walker
« on: August 09, 2005, 11:58:41 pm »
Just thought that I would let everyone know that as of tomorrow- Wednesday the 10th...Nicki is Bear's new dog walker.  ;D Our old ones couldn't do it anymore (1 kid to college, 1 in his senior year of h.s.) and we trust her so....wish us and Bear luck!  :D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: Nicki the dog walker
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 12:48:21 am »
Ahhhh, how well things work out...... I am so glad for all hmmmm six of you lol.... and Bear gets a walker he already knows.

Beware though, she might just try and teach him something, as revenge for how Bears mom tought Wangus to be on the couch hehe.

Good Luck

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 12:54:13 am »
thats what I need is a dog walker.  Niki wanna vacation vegas for a bit?
Timmie

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 08:47:41 am »
Is she going to walk Bear alone or with cody and angus? Wouldn't that be a sight if she walked all three at once  :D
RIP former BPO

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 08:58:27 am »
That's great & probably has been Wanger's evil plan all along!...First get Mom to join a large dog site...Then get her to move near the owner's of said site's home...Mom takes on walking their dog & I corrupt him!...Then we start to branch out!...All of the big dogs, Wangus's minions!...Complete world wide Wangus domination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 05:43:44 pm »
She will be walking him by herself but I am worried that she will try to steal him from me.  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 06:18:40 pm »
I tried walking 4 dogs at one time once (never again) 90# and 75# on one side, and 45# and 50# on the other side.  It was a good exercise, but NEVER again!!!

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 06:36:13 pm »
Jaime, You'd better put an ankle monitor on him...well, maybe you should put one on both of them! ehehehe! And if she ever does get the idea to walk all three at once, I DEFINITELY want pictures!

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 08:30:11 pm »
She says that she wants to enjoy Bear by himself once in a while so I think walks will always be alone.  ;D As for the 3 being walked altogether, I don't think so. She won't even do Angus and COdy together anymore becasue they are so hard and when the 3 of us are together, I take Bear and Angus & she has Cody. It is quite funny I tell you.

And Nicole, I like the ankle monitor idea too. I think I will do some checking into it just to make sure my baby is always here when I come back home.  :D
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 08:41:47 pm »
And Nicole, I like the ankle monitor idea too. I think I will do some checking into it just to make sure my baby is always here when I come back home.  :D

You know they make lo-jack for dogs. I don't remember what it's called exactly, but I saw a peice on the news about it a few weeks ago. You attach a monitor to their collar, and then if they ever get lost all you have to do is call and the call see where the dog is on gps and tell you exactly where to find them.  ;D
RIP former BPO

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 08:44:54 pm »
OMG! That is totally what I need!  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 11:38:12 pm »

You know they make lo-jack for dogs. I don't remember what it's called exactly, but I saw a peice on the news about it a few weeks ago. You attach a monitor to their collar, and then if they ever get lost all you have to do is call and the call see where the dog is on gps and tell you exactly where to find them.  ;D

Ohhh I wonder where they sell them, Im not kidding you, I am always so worried that my babies would sneak out or break a leash or just something and get lost, so sometimes I embassase Chris and put two leashes on each dog when we take them to the park or where ever hehe.

I can sooo see nicker struggling with three dogs with tangled leashes hehe THAT needs to be a movie.

lemons..... when Malin was little, I tried walking two danes, one min. schnauzer and pushing a stroller at the same time, need I say that it is not something any of you need to try, I have already tried it and it aint no fun hehe, well not for me it wasnt, maybe the people trying not to laugh when I passed them, or should I say when the dogs passed them with me jogging behind  ;D

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005, 11:17:27 am »
OK I did a google search to find out the name of the doggy lo-jack I was talking about. It is called Global Pet Finder and their website is here: http://www.globalpetfinder.com/default.html

I won't be buying one though - $350 for the collar kit and $20 a month for service... Too steep for my budget!
RIP former BPO

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005, 01:58:19 pm »
Poor Jamie, you are definitely coming home to an empty house the first time Nikki walks Bear. I can see her little mind working right now.
Scene 1: Nikki is walking Bear and thinking: "Bear is so nice. I love him. I hate to take him back to that empty house. I'll just bring him over to visit Cody and Angus for awhile - just to play."
Scene 2: Nikki enters her apartment, let's Bear off his leash where he is warmly and enthusiastical ly greeted by Angus and Cody.
Nikki smiles, but her smile quickly turns into an evil grin. She looks at the dogs, looks at the door, looks at the dogs again then turns and secures all 3 locks on the apartment door. She props a chair against the door handle and unplugs all the phones. Nikki sits down on the floor, grabs her knees to her chest and laughs maniacally as she watches the dogs play.
Scene 3: Angus, Bear and Cody are piled on the bed, sleeping. Panning up we see Nikki snuggled in the middle of all of them with a euphoric look on her face.

I'm telling you, you're asking for trouble, Jamie!!  ;D
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

nickerbokker

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2005, 02:06:41 pm »
Poor Jamie, you are definitely coming home to an empty house the first time Nikki walks Bear. I can see her little mind working right now.
Scene 1: Nikki is walking Bear and thinking: "Bear is so nice. I love him. I hate to take him back to that empty house. I'll just bring him over to visit Cody and Angus for awhile - just to play."
Scene 2: Nikki enters her apartment, let's Bear off his leash where he is warmly and enthusiastical ly greeted by Angus and Cody.
Nikki smiles, but her smile quickly turns into an evil grin. She looks at the dogs, looks at the door, looks at the dogs again then turns and secures all 3 locks on the apartment door. She props a chair against the door handle and unplugs all the phones. Nikki sits down on the floor, grabs her knees to her chest and laughs maniacally as she watches the dogs play.
Scene 3: Angus, Bear and Cody are piled on the bed, sleeping. Panning up we see Nikki snuggled in the middle of all of them with a euphoric look on her face.

I'm telling you, you're asking for trouble, Jamie!!  ;D

mother of god, how did you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am sitting in jaime's right now, on her computer, with the little bear by the fireplace, and im thinking how wonderful it would be to have him for myself!!!!!  i was walkin him out in the grassy area of the complex, and i thought to myself....woul dn't it be fun if they dropped him off on their way to work and the boys could all play together every day LMAO!  SERIOUSLY!  i guess you are a little ahead of me....BUT..... scene 1 has already taken place!  i #$## you not!

anyway.......m e and bear had sooooooo much fun!  we went on a walk, played tag in the grass, i fell, he came to check on me, we played tag some more, came inside, got a drink, i chased him on all fours like a dog(jaime told me too), now im on the puter......

it's been fun! 

and yes, jaime, i have a feeling bear won't be yours for long.  i highly suggest you buy that gps thingie tomorrow, or im running! lol