Author Topic: New Pup any suggetions?  (Read 7023 times)

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: New Pup any suggetions?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2005, 06:43:04 pm »
If you don't mind going to the groomers every 2 months, a standard poople could be good. They don't shed and are great water dogs. But of course my first choice would be a newf, just comb everyday, collect all the fur and knit some socks and sweaters (newf fur can be spun).

Icerotti

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2005, 06:51:45 pm »
Rottis are great!!! They do shed. I find it not too bad!

A Vizsla would be a great choice and meet many of the points you are looking for.
They like the water, have short hair and very good temperment. They get to be around 65 pounds for a male. Bigger but not too big. They do have alot of energy and do need daily exercise. They have great character. Farley is only 4 months.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 06:55:59 pm by Icerotti »

Offline lburrell

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2005, 07:06:18 pm »
Brigid,

I have heard the Roomba's are junk....waste of money.  Might be okay if you didn't have dogs, but heard it doesn't do well at all with dog fur.  And I'm not sure that it even works on carpet.

Curious to see if anyone on the list has had a good experience with the Roomba.

Lori

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2005, 06:00:36 am »
Awww...that is too bad re. the roomba...i was really wanting to get it and not have to worry about vaccuming or sweeping..I have all wood and tile floors  I am now thinking about that one that is a vaccum then flips over to wash the floor...

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2005, 06:13:37 am »
We have a roomba-thingy, I think it's a generic one.  It works pretty good for the kitchen which is tile and picks up an amazing amount of stuff.  It will still miss some spots , but it takes no effort on our part to use it.  It does get stuck going onto area rugs at times.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline traklover

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2005, 06:53:55 am »
How about a Curly Coated Retriever. They are a low shed breed (somewhat variable indivually), sweet temperment, slightly taller than a Lab, about the same weight (longer legs, leaner body). They are water dogs, do not need clipping. It is a very unique breed, with the closest relatives being the Portuguese Water Dog and the Irish Water Spaniel. Here is a very good site on them, by one of the foremost breeders http://www.curlycoat.org/. On one of curly lists recently, there was a thread about there being available pups at the minute (usually there is a waiting list for the pups)