Author Topic: chat room???? I can't find no stinkin' chat room  (Read 21314 times)

Jen

chat room???? I can't find no stinkin' chat room
« on: June 08, 2005, 12:13:36 pm »
 ???Hey I've looked everywhere!  Were the #@ #% is this so called chat room???  I did a search on the word chat and found instruction to go the the foot of the right hand collumn.  I am going crazy or what?????

dohertyswissy

Re: chat room???? I can't find no stinkin' chat room
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 12:24:02 pm »
Deep cleansing breaths..... click on the "Home" link on the right hand side of the page.  It will take you to the BPO home page.  Then at the very bottom on the right, you will see "Chat Beta."  Click on that.  Put in your user name, hit connect, and your in!!!  Have Fun!!!

Heather  ;)

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 12:24:27 pm »
It's there, you just have to make sure you are on the home page.  It's in the grey shaded area on the right side at the bottom.  Says Chat Beta.  I promise it's there!  It's my second home lately!  Don't give up!

Nats

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 12:40:16 pm »
Good advice Heather....nic e, long, slow breaths
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Jen

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 01:09:37 pm »
OH WHATEVER >:(  Forget cleansing breaths try cleaning up the webpage and making the chat room user freindly would ya!  Only kidding!  But seriously I think I found it but it was VERY LAME because it was unclear how to enter user name and no one was in it either!  A big let down for how hard a struggled to find the thing!  Think I will leave the fancy computer stuff to you guys, I am totally lost and getting reduced to foul language which is VERY ADULT OF ME!

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 01:55:00 pm »
I don't think it is lame Jen and find that comment a bit offensive. Once you click on the beta chat the next window pops open that says "enter name". I think if you were to enter at a time when other people were on and active you would find it fun, entertaining and simple to use.
Hugs,
Jaime

nickerbokker

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 02:06:26 pm »
OH WHATEVER >:(  Forget cleansing breaths try cleaning up the webpage and making the chat room user freindly would ya!  Only kidding!  But seriously I think I found it but it was VERY LAME because it was unclear how to enter user name and no one was in it either!  A big let down for how hard a struggled to find the thing!  Think I will leave the fancy computer stuff to you guys, I am totally lost and getting reduced to foul language which is VERY ADULT OF ME!

*$%& jen....i think chat is pretty *#$%^&&* cool.  actually....it s not hard to find AT ALL....its on the homepage (like jabear and michael explained 1,000 times!), on the right bottom, and it says chat beta...click it, when prompted to, enter a user name, and then chat away....i actually think its quite easy for any "ADULT" to find...all you have to do is follow simple instructions LOL.  

please dont act like it is not "very adult of us" to have fun on this board....betwe en husbands and children and jobs, this is some peoples only release....i on the other hand, have none of those, and find this board the only thing that keeps me sane right now....what would i have done all weekend if not make dog clothes LOL.

a tip....the chat usually doesn't get started until about 7-8 (PT) at night after everyone throws their children and husband in bed....so try it then.

i love this site..and think the whole thing is very user friendly.  thanks jaba
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 02:08:49 pm by nickerbokker »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 02:10:08 pm »
AMEN!  This site ROCKS!

GR8DAME

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 03:41:25 pm »
I really like this board as well, although I am not as computer savvy as some of you all and will probably just hang out here rather than the chat room. You're right . Sometimes between 15 hours of work a day, husband, kids and other stuff this place keeps me sane. I'd like to chime in with my gratitude to those that developed and help run it as well. :-*
Stella

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 04:05:36 pm »
I love this site too. Cant find a better one on the web. Jabear and Micheal do a great job and try to accomidate everyone. Too bad some people get so frustrated with it.
 To JABA and Micheal
(((((  :-*  :-* )))))  You have done wonders with this site. We appreciate it!!!
P.S
Those are big slobbery kisses BTW
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 06:03:03 pm »
OH WHATEVER >:(  Forget cleansing breaths try cleaning up the webpage and making the chat room user freindly would ya!  Only kidding!  But seriously I think I found it but it was VERY LAME because it was unclear how to enter user name and no one was in it either!  A big let down for how hard a struggled to find the thing!  Think I will leave the fancy computer stuff to you guys, I am totally lost and getting reduced to foul language which is VERY ADULT OF ME!

*$%& jen....i think chat is pretty *#$%^&&* cool.  actually....it s not hard to find AT ALL....its on the homepage (like jabear and michael explained 1,000 times!), on the right bottom, and it says chat beta...click it, when prompted to, enter a user name, and then chat away....i actually think its quite easy for any "ADULT" to find...all you have to do is follow simple instructions LOL.  

please dont act like it is not "very adult of us" to have fun on this board....betwe en husbands and children and jobs, this is some peoples only release....i on the other hand, have none of those, and find this board the only thing that keeps me sane right now....what would i have done all weekend if not make dog clothes LOL.

a tip....the chat usually doesn't get started until about 7-8 (PT) at night after everyone throws their children and husband in bed....so try it then.

Once again, you are only 20-years old?  You are so brilliant!  You have some very important aspects to your character...cr eativity, sense of humour, playfulness, and, very important, objectivity.  You are kind thinking of everyone else using the board as an outlet to deal with stress in their lives, even though you are not in the same situation.  Very mature indeed!
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 07:08:02 pm »
Thanks for your support everyone. The chat is friendly and fun. It is a great place to de-stress from the all of the day's troubles.
Hugs,
Jaime

nickerbokker

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 07:15:33 pm »
jaba i got your back!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 07:51:24 pm »

please dont act like it is not "very adult of us" to have fun on this board....betwe en husbands and children and jobs, this is some peoples only release....i on the other hand, have none of those, and

Okay nicker..... I agree, hubby may take a little offence on the "BPO only release" though hehe

The chat is only a demo, but even being a demo, I think it is great. I have only been in there once, well once when noone but me was there (that was the time all agreed wit me  ::)) I like it, it was easy to use and did everything you need a chat to do.

Me too can be your guard dog jabear..... hubby constantly says I look wild and act as if I have rabies when I get mad  ;)

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

dohertyswissy

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2005, 06:46:24 am »
wow....so much for trying to help out, eh Nat?

jamie and michael - you guys have done a great job on this board!  i've only been in the chat room a couple times and even though i'm not usually in there when the usual suspects are since i'm on the east coast (  ;) ), i've had some really great conversations with some really cool people!  i personally found it easy to use.   thanks for setting it up!   :)