Author Topic: Time for a long awaited bath  (Read 4584 times)

Offline TomB

• Gnawer
  • Meisi The Landseer
    • View Profile
Time for a long awaited bath
« on: July 24, 2007, 02:06:27 am »
Bathing a Landseer  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
Re: Time for a long awaited bath
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 02:52:15 am »
I'm sorry but your not nearly wet enough to have given a bath. Maybe its decieving next to the very unhappy mop in the pool. Oh well Kali is do for B A T H soon, even with the grooming tub at the clinic I'll be as wet as her maybe we'll post some pics of that episode.

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 03:19:52 am »
I'm sorry but your not nearly wet enough to have given a bath.

Yes, how did you manage that?  I'd love to know your secret.

And here's another thing I'd love to know:  Why do our beloved big paws happily jump into slimy, muddy ponds and lakes, but act like you are torturing them when you give them a bath?  Sweet, lovable, crazy puppers...
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline TomB

• Gnawer
  • Meisi The Landseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 09:17:13 pm »
I'm sorry but your not nearly wet enough to have given a bath.

Yes, how did you manage that?  I'd love to know your secret.

And here's another thing I'd love to know:  Why do our beloved big paws happily jump into slimy, muddy ponds and lakes, but act like you are torturing them when you give them a bath?  Sweet, lovable, crazy puppers...

I don't get too wet when washing Meisi because I have been giving her baths since she was 8 weeks old. She actually always liked to be washed and always stands still waiting until the bathing is done. She does like to shake off from time to time, but if I tell her "don't do it" she knows not to shake. Then I dry her off with a towel and again she stands still. When I'm drying her front paws and I don't want to walk around her to dry her back paws I just tell her "turn around" and she know that she has to turn around. I guess she listens to these commands because she just wants the whole thing to be over with ASAP.

As to why our pupper love the puddles, muddy lakes and ponds, and not to be washed...
I don't really know, but my suggestion is... free will. They go into these ponds, lakes and puddles out of they own free will. But we force them to have a bath, they never ask for it.

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 11:07:11 pm »
What a good girl!  Sierra needs to take a few lessons from her!  LOL!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 04:26:00 am »
I'm sorry but your not nearly wet enough to have given a bath. Maybe its decieving next to the very unhappy mop in the pool. Oh well Kali is do for B A T H soon, even with the grooming tub at the clinic I'll be as wet as her maybe we'll post some pics of that episode.

LOL  that is funny

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 04:30:05 pm »
Well I had to bathe Tripper yesterday before going to the vets and I was soaked from head to toe. And I bathed him in this huge deep sink I have in the basement. You'l have to tell me what your trick is.

Offline newfie owner

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • molly our furry baby xxx
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 04:21:01 pm »
 :) well done,l get wet bathing my female lhasa apso(toffy) in the bath haha,should be fun bathing molly
owners of
molly-6 month old newfie pup aswell as other pets

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 01:01:27 am »
oh my gosh! what a well behaved baby!!  fumble's always usually romping around and shakign water on stacy and i!  we usually bathe him in our bathing suits and either get in the tub with him (in the winter) or if it's the summer we give him a bath in the outdoor shower, and tha'ts like a 4 x 4 foot area! lol!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!