Author Topic: Great Pyrenees in Texas  (Read 2356 times)

Blair

Great Pyrenees in Texas
« on: June 29, 2006, 03:17:08 pm »
1176741- Dog:Great Pyrenees
Denton,TX 940-479-2883 Andrew andrewclark74@aol.com 6-29-2006
Name: "BEAR"
Sex:M
Size:XL
Delete Must find a good home with plenty of space... Full-blooded but no papers. Loves children.Adopt ion fee: $100.00 PICS CAN BE SEEN HERE: http://www.olx.com/Item_Page.php?Id=38186 

He doesnt lokok pure to me...what do you all think?

Kiahpyr

Re: Great Pyrenees in Texas
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 03:18:12 pm »
He doesn't look pyr to me either. He's not fluffy!!!

Blair

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 03:19:35 pm »
He has more of a lab face, doesnt he?

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 03:23:58 pm »
He doesn't look pyr to me either. He's not fluffy!!!
Pippin wasn't as fluffy as Sam was at 5 months either...I think it has to do with the time of year the pup is born...Not sure on that pup being fullblooded... I think he looks awfully small if that is a recent pic of him at 5 months...I am going to e-mail Jackie & see what she has to say...He is a cutie though!...Here's Pippin at 5 months when he 1st met Missy.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 03:29:19 pm »
Here's Kiah at 5 months. The pup does look small and labbish to me. His head shape looks off. He's a cutie tho!

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 03:42:22 pm »
It's hard to say if that pup is a full blood or not.  I've seen 5mo olds that had that look.  Different bloodlines can look differently at that age.  My reservations are this... no long guard hairs visible, I wouldn't expect a lot of them since he is in a hotter climate and only 5 mo but he should have some.  Also he does look smaller than you would expect at 5 mo. but it's difficult to say with nothing to compare him with for size.  Things that look correct....  Head shape is correct, ear set is down where it should be in the last two pictures (the profile and the one to the left of that), mouth shape is correct.  The only thing that concerns me about wether he is a full blood or not is the coat, and being from a hot climate you can expect to see that this time of year..Jackie
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 03:48:28 pm »
It's hard to say if that pup is a full blood or not.  I've seen 5mo olds that had that look.  Different bloodlines can look differently at that age.  My reservations are this... no long guard hairs visible, I wouldn't expect a lot of them since he is in a hotter climate and only 5 mo but he should have some.  Also he does look smaller than you would expect at 5 mo. but it's difficult to say with nothing to compare him with for size.  Things that look correct....  Head shape is correct, ear set is down where it should be in the last two pictures (the profile and the one to the left of that), mouth shape is correct.  The only thing that concerns me about wether he is a full blood or not is the coat, and being from a hot climate you can expect to see that this time of year..Jackie
Thanks Jackie!...The lack of long hair anywhere is what made me wonder too...Pippin had alot shorter coat than I was used to seeing when we got him too but it was July in Mo...He's more than caught up on coat...YIKES!...lol!