Author Topic: How do I start an on-line petition to help save Spencer?  (Read 1571 times)

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
How do I start an on-line petition to help save Spencer?
« on: June 03, 2006, 07:42:30 pm »
This is continued from my previous post trying to save Spencer, the pitbull terrier, who is scheduled to be euthanized just because of his breed.  I received an email back from the radio station employee who is trying to help.

I would like to start a petition that she can use with the attorney.  Can anyone give me direction? ???
Here's the email that she sent.  I am also trying to get a photo of Spencer to include.

> Hi Tessie
> We have a court hearing to save Spencer Friday, at 11:00. I don't know who
the Judge will be, but I'll know Monday. If you can make time to be there, it
would help. We're also starting petitions to "Save Spencer". If you would like
to start one, that would be helpful as well. However, I will need it at the
radio station by Thursday afternoon so I can give it to our attorney. Thank you
for wanting to help, and I will email you with the judges name as soon as I
find out. If for some reason you don't get an email from me by Tuesday, email
me again if you would like to be there.
> Thank You,
> Cherish Lombard
> "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they
went."
>
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: How do I start an on-line petition to help save Spencer?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 08:43:54 am »
This is a great site for your petition i hope your save this dogs life i 2 have a pit and he is the most loving and loyal dog. He loves everyone even the mail man! Marina

Home Sign a Petition Create a Petition Discuss Log In Create a Petition — Free!
Home > Create Petition Creating a petition is a three step process — Click Here to create your petition now!
You'll fill out your sponsor information — you or your organization — and your petition target information — the person or group you'll be delivering your petition's signatures to.
We'll ask you to fill out your petition content — the summary, to educate signers about your issue, and the body, the text of the petition, which you will deliver to the petition's target along with the signatures. You'll also get a chance to pick a title, signature goal and deadline for your petition.
You'll set up your signature requirements, specifying what information you need from signers to make your petition effective.
Then you'll be ready to preview your petition, publish it to the site, and promote it!

At the end of the creation process, you will be taken to your petition's Dashboard, where you may manage your petition; a link to this page will also appear in the confirmation email sent to authors of new petitions.

Petition Creation Frequently Asked Questions
Who can create a Petition?
Anyone can create a petition. Anyone can create a petition. Once you have published your petition, people will be able to sign it right away. Popular petitions will be automatically promoted in their categories, and even on the PetitionSite.c om home page!

To create a petition, you must be logged into your Care2 account (Care2.com created and manages ThePetitionSit e.com) so that you can access the suite of ThePetitionSit e tools. Click here if you don't have a Care2 account. If you have signed a petition, a profile has already been created for you — retrieve your password.

How much does it cost to submit a petition?
Nothing! Submitting a petition is free.

What petition topics are acceptable?
ThePetitionSit e.com is a non-partisan organization. We will accept petitions on any subject. However, we reserve the right to remove petitions found to be excessively offensive by our users or editorial staff.

When can I start collecting signatures?
Immediately! Your petition will be "live" immediately after you create and publish it. You can start collecting signatures and promoting your petition within minutes. However, your petition will not be publicly listed on any PetitionSite category until it attains a certain number of signatures.

How can I let petition signers upload a photo?
Photos add extra impact to let the petition target see that there is a real person behind the signature. This new feature is currently in beta testing. You will be given an option to enable this feature when creating a new petition. To enable it for an existing petition, visit the Signature Requirements page off of that petition's Dashboard, accessible from your My PetitionSite page.

What information can I collect from signers?
You may ask signers for just about any information. Your petition's Dashboard, accessible from your My PetitionSite page, provides a link allowing you to manage and download petition signatures. However, we do not release email addresses or street addresses to petition authors. If the petition target requires this information for validation purposes, we may provide the information on a case by case basis. Bottom line: we don't want signers to receive unsolicited correspondence .

How long will my petition stay online?
Petitions may be listed for as long as they continue to gather signatures. However, if a petition has not received at least 1,000 signatures within 4 months, it may be removed to make space for petitions with a larger backing.

How do I get started?
Research! It takes work to create a good petition. Please make sure you have all the information you need before you start to fill in the form. It may not be possible to submit a petition which is missing key data. For a list of the information you'll be asked to submit, click here.

Where do I start?
We recommend that you create an account at Care2.com before creating a petition. With a free Care2.com account, you will have access to tools allowing you to create signature reports and hide offensive signatures. Click here to create an account.

Click Here to create your petition.

Thank you!

Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats