Author Topic: Desperately need Help with A shepherd puppy  (Read 2738 times)

bigdogs@5501

Desperately need Help with A shepherd puppy
« on: December 22, 2006, 06:31:55 am »
Any one who can help me with this is really going to be appreciated. My daughter got a call this morning from this lady in the community we live in- said that she had a rabid dog in her yard ( ok- why are you calling my daughter??) So my daughter heads over to the ladies house. This lady called some other people in the community and by the time my daughter gets there- there are already some guys there ready to shoot the dog. It is not rabid. It is a severaly malnourished shepherd, looks to be a puppy, with a bad skin condition. She is at my house. I have called my vet and it is the holidays- she wont be back until Jan 2. The thought to have the pup PTS because of her condition has actually crossed my mind, but I am not doing that- until we can determine if there is some hope. I have stopped and gotten some medicine and a special shampoo, and I will be treating the pup tonight.
My dilema- I have my hands full. This will be the 3rd rescue since April that has needed a lot of attention. I am not sure if I can do this again. Anyone know of anyone who may help me or take her- Please let me know. Poor little thing seems really sweet. It is getting dark and I am having to keep her outside right now because of my group. I will get some pics and post- But any one who is willing to help would be appreciated or knows of anyone. Thanks guys.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Desperately need Help with A shepherd puppy
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 06:36:50 am »
do you have pics, and when you find out exactly what's wrong with her, please let me know!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 06:44:05 am »
It is getting too dark for pics right now- maybe once I get her bathed and doctored - she will look better. She is crying because she is scared and that is sad, poor little girl.

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 02:20:29 am »
Well we just had a bath- I am positive she has never ever intentionally had a bath before, and it was a wild experience. Her skin is bad- but I think that Dakota was worse when we rescued her in April. She has obviously never walked on a leash before either. I took some pics of her in the bath tub after she had worn herself out and was still for about 2 minutes. I will get some more pics once she dries off and calms down. She never tried to bite-so that is a really good sign. I have decided to name her Tara. She is going to be a beauty queen and she is going to get a second chance ( too bad Donald Trump cant finance this one, It would sure make life easier and she would appreciate it more than the real beauty queen named Tara)
I know that she has no chance of any "owner" claiming her- she was probably the result of an unplanned pregnancy, and was dumped to fend for herself. I am not sure where she will eventually end up after I get her healthy, but I think that there is someone out there that is just waiting for her and doesnt even know it.
This is the 3rd rescue since April and I am getting a bit worn out with nursing them back to health- but my theory is that God has a plan and she must be a part of the plan for me. I cant explain it and I certainly wasnt looking to sign up to do this again so soon-but this is my fate and I will handle it as best as I can- I will post some pics soon.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 02:26:44 am »
poor baby!  keep us updated!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 03:10:38 am »
Bless you!!  What a great attitude and what a lucky doggie to have found you.  I am also far away but I would love to help in any way I could...I could also send a few dollars for a good meal for the poor baby (stupid, nasty people in this world >:( throwing away a beautiful animals.

Best of luck - happy holidays and happy healthy 2007!!

Randy & Harley

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 04:24:47 am »
Let me know if I can help out.  I'm in Houston if you need anything.  I'll be in the Longview area next weekend on the 29th and 30th. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience