Author Topic: Utah Lab Rescue - 10/10/05  (Read 2170 times)

Offline Barbi

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Utah Lab Rescue
Utah Lab Rescue - 10/10/05
« on: October 10, 2005, 12:46:31 am »
Hey all,

Just wanted to introduce myself and our rescue.  My name is Barbi, and my husband Tim and I run Utah's first and only Labrador Retriever Rescue.  We are located in Orem, and have been doing this since April 2003.  Since then we have placed over 700 dogs into loving homes, and we hope that someday our efforts will no longer be needed.

Until then, we will have gorgeous purebred Labs and other purebred sporting breeds, all ages/colors/sizes with different energy levels and personalities.  We have whatever dog you are looking for!  ;D

We are owned and loved by two beautiful Labbies: Brock who is a dark fox-red yellow male, about 5 years old, adopted in August 2002, and Peykos who is about 8 years old, and is a white-yellow male Lab, he too is adopted, but we've only had him for a few months.  Brock is the reason why we started the rescue.  Some little boys found him abandoned at the lake (common dumping ground for Labs) and brought him to our house.  He was taken to the shelter, not claimed, so we adopted him.  While at the shelter we saw that nearly every dog in there was a Lab, and mostly all were purebred.  So, we started the Lab rescue!   Very naive of us, but at least we are trying, lol.  ;D

If you are in Utah and would like to volunteer/foster for us, or if you would like to adopt, please visit our website at www.utahlabres cue.com for more information, and for pics/description of our available dogs.  We are also in desperate need of donations at this time as we took a Mom and her pups from the shelter, but only to find out she had had ecoli and got all the pups sick.  The foster mom has been bottle feeding since they were a week old, now 4 weeks old, and the rescue has spent nearly $1,000 in vet bills for both the Mom's treatments and the pups.  The mom also got mastitis, and gave all the puppies bad staff infections.  Luckily they have all recovered and are doing great!  If you can donate we have a PayPal button on www.utahlabres cue.petfinder. org.

Thank you so much, and hopefully we can find some good friends and adopters through this site.  It's a pretty cool site!  ;)

Barbi, Brock and Peykos
www.utahlabres cue.com
Save Four Paws at a Time!
Barbi, Brock and Peykos
www.utahlabres cue.com
Saving Four Paws at a Time!

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Utah Lab Rescue - 10/10/05
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 03:55:04 am »
Hi! Welcome!! You have some cute pups!

Too bad I don't live near Utah  :P

--Samson's Owner
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

henrysmomma

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 03:59:49 am »
Hi! Welcome!! You have some cute pups!

Too bad I don't live near Utah :P

--Samson's Owner

Same here...:'(

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 06:05:30 am »
Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! Someday around here huh? Things are never like this, except for today. (Must be one of those internet viruses!)

Anyway, glad to have you, lots of people here love to help with rescue when they can. So post often, lots of pics, everyone loves pics! ;D

Beautiful dogs! You'll love it here!

We have 1 Kuvasz, 1 American Eskimo, (our rescue), 1 cat, and 3 Arabian horses.

Hope to see your avatar often.

Good Hope (Deena)

Offline Barbi

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Utah Lab Rescue
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 12:53:06 am »
Thanks for the welcome!  There are so many threads on this site, it's hard to keep up with, but I'll try to post whenever and wherever I can.  We love our boys so much, it's always fun finding new groups to show them off and talk about dogs on!  ;D

See ya'll around!
Barbi, Brock and Peykos
Barbi, Brock and Peykos
www.utahlabres cue.com
Saving Four Paws at a Time!