Author Topic: Barry Manilow?  (Read 4909 times)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Barry Manilow?
« on: March 22, 2006, 08:52:43 pm »
So Sadie and I love to watch American Idol together. She's very musical. In my humble opinion, the "Let's Go Out and Do a Potty" song is just WAITING to hit the charts ;) Anyway, we were watching tonight and Barry Manilow came on. Now I'm sort of indifferent about Barry so I'm thinking, perfect opportunity to avoid a puddle on the rug and go out for a potty. I sang the song and everything! Sadie on the other hand is apparently Barry's biggest fan. She would not BUDGE from in front of the TV. She was cocking her head to the side as he sang "Love is a Many Splendored Thing". The thing that kills me is, all those good looking guys on that show and she likes Barry Manilow?

Why is my dog such a wierdo?
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Barry Manilow?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 08:59:33 pm »
Because Barry Manilow is one of the last of the true romantic crooners & your dog can recognize old school quality! :) :D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 09:12:10 pm »
Cause he writes the songs that make the young girls cry.

And we can't smile with out him.

And Mandy kissed him and stopped him from shaking.

And, of course, at the Copa Copa Cabana, the hottest spot north of Havana.

Yea yea yea   I'm old.  I was around when those songs were first released.  And everyone loved Barry Manilow.

Tina

& how about those eyes & that gentle face...sigh... I might be gettin' old too! ;D

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 09:31:23 pm »
So basically what you guys are saying is that Barry is way cooler than my potty song?

Maybe I should try a new potty song, Barry style?

Hmmmmm....

Oh Sadie, when you potty outside I start shaking

or maybe

Her name was Sadie, she liked to potty

Yes, I have entirely too much time on my hands.
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 09:37:36 pm »
So basically what you guys are saying is that Barry is way cooler than my potty song?

Hmmmmm....

or maybe

I've been singing this to Samson since the 1st week I had him "His name was Sammy!...He was a showdog!...With grass stains in his hair and a tail that went down to there"!!...I have had WAY too much time on my hands too! :D
I am sure your potty song is fabulous! :D Our potty song is sung too the Miss American theme song..."There he iiiissssssssss s!...Captain Poop Ammmeeeeerrrri iiccccaaaaaaaa aa!!!" :D

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 09:48:52 pm »

Hmmmmm....

or maybe

I've been singing this to Samson since the 1st week I had him "His name was Sammy!...He was a showdog!...With grass stains in his hair and a tail that went down to there"!!...I have had WAY too much time on my hands too! :D
I am sure your potty song is fabulous! :D Our potty song is sung too the Miss American theme song..."There he iiiissssssssss s!...Captain Poop Ammmeeeeerrrri iiccccaaaaaaaa aa!!!" :D

Oh we have a long repertoire of potty songs. My personal favorites are "The Potty Queen" (aka Dancing Queen), "Like a Good Girl" (aka Like a Virgin) and "Everybody Pee Now" (aka Everybody Dance Now).

Oh and as far as Sadie being a classy girl who recognizes quality, I just pulled a cat turd out of her mouth for about the 500th time today. She's a classy girl alright ;D
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 12:15:24 am »
Maybe shes smarter than you think and was wandering why the heck is this guy singing?Just kidding if I ever had a girl dog I wanted to name her LOLA.I better be quiet dissing Barry like that Jaimie probably likes him too,like how she likes the  Andy Griffith show ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 04:54:07 am by Jacksmom »

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 08:50:07 am »
Y'all are hilarious! This thread brightened my morning.. thanks!
And now I cant believe I Don't have a potty song for my babies cause I love to sing!
Though come to think of it - - I do have a little diddy I sing to Blu every day... to the tune of Scoobie Doo... goes something like "Boobie-Boobie-Boo, I love you..." but that is far as I ever get....lol

p.s. I remember the days of Barry too. me and my 4th grade best friend made up a stylin' dance to "it's a miracle!"  And I cant tell you how many times i sang "Cant Smile without You" to my Shaun Cassidy posters!!! Ahhhhh - the good ole' days....

*edited for spelling*

« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 08:52:45 am by EllieAndBlu »

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 10:27:26 am »
Oooo, I love Barry.  I just want to hug him. He seems like a nice guy.  My family and I love this restaurant in NYC and everytime we visit, we have to go there.  One time, Barry was also eating there while we were there.  I didn't really know who he was but I knew I knew him from somewhere.  My mom was like "Do you know who that is?"  And I said "Well, he kind of looks like Rod Stewart."  Ahhh, the days when I didn't know who Barry was.  They were sad times.  :)

Julie
Rod Stewart!...Man he was hot in those spandex pants!...HOT LEGS...I LOVE YA' HONEY"!! :D

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 11:59:56 am »
Yeah... I remmeber the leaopardskin spandex. But do we think he's sexy? Maybe not, but supermodels seem to. :-X

I must be getting old because I rembember both Rodders and good old Bazza in their heyday in the 70's. I was VERY young and impressionable back then.

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 12:01:02 pm »
What a GREAT thread!  I AM A FANILOW TOO!  My mom had all his records...I loved him at 6 and I love him just as much at 34!  Dont forget all the great commercial tunes he did too!  "I am stuck on Band-Aid, cause Band-Aids stuck on me!"
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 12:15:41 pm »
Ok, from what you guys are saying, maybe I shouldn't be TOO upset that little Sadie has the hots for Barry Manilow?

I just thought it was odd because she didn't get super excited about any of the hottie contestants really. Maybe she's got a thing for older men? Good news for Cowboy and Chester ;D
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Kiahpyr

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 12:24:51 pm »
You're right...Chris is way sexier than Barry.  Normally, I hate shaved heads but, oh my, he is smokin'.

Julie

I couldn't agree more!!! WOW!!!

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 12:28:02 pm »
You're right...Chris is way sexier than Barry.  Normally, I hate shaved heads but, oh my, he is smokin'.

Julie

I couldn't agree more!!! WOW!!!

And not only is he hot but WOW can he sing! Come on now, between him and Barry - no contest! I told you, my dog is a wierdo!!!
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 12:28:04 pm »

Julie

Oh yeeaaaaaaa - I am on board about Chris!