Author Topic: I need all my friends advice on what to do.  (Read 5095 times)

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
I need all my friends advice on what to do.
« on: January 28, 2006, 12:01:09 pm »
Well i am sure that most everyone read my post about losing my beloved Cotton.  Well a really good friend of mine has two show English Springer Spaniels.  Well she bred them for the first time and i went over to her house at 4 in the morning three days ago to help her deliver them. 
 She had never had birthed puppies before so did most everything and she watched and took notes.  Well it was 8:30 when she was finished and i was exhausted.   I was getting ready to go home and go to bed when she stopped me and told me that i could have pick of the litter male puppy.  She wants me to show him and eventually breed him. 
  My question for yall is.... Is it to soon to get another dog i mean i have four months to think about it but i just wanted to know what yall thought about it. 
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: I need all my friends advice on what to do.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 12:08:35 pm »
With the size of your heart I kown there is room for another puppy.  And we can go to shows together ;).  I see the start of a BPO show group. I say go for it!!!!! As if I would say anything else about a puppy.  I love the idea of being there when your puppy is born. 

Lisa 

Well i am sure that most everyone read my post about losing my beloved Cotton.  Well a really good friend of mine has two show English Springer Spaniels.  Well she bred them for the first time and i went over to her house at 4 in the morning three days ago to help her deliver them. 
 She had never had birthed puppies before so did most everything and she watched and took notes.  Well it was 8:30 when she was finished and i was exhausted.   I was getting ready to go home and go to bed when she stopped me and told me that i could have pick of the litter male puppy.  She wants me to show him and eventually breed him. 
  My question for yall is.... Is it to soon to get another dog i mean i have four months to think about it but i just wanted to know what yall thought about it. 
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

cricket36580

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 12:26:24 pm »
Yea...ask the enablers.  Like we're gonna tell you not to do it.... ;D

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 12:34:30 pm »
You have such a big heart.  After Katie died in May/05 we said we would wait and see if we got another dog. It took all of three weeks and we were looking for another dog.  We really missed having another dog in our  home.
 I don't think there is such a thing as getting another dog too soon. I think it is what you feel in your heart. You are not replacing the other dog. You are just giving love to a dog that is here and needs it now. :)

p.s. of course you should get the puppy......lol

k2campbell

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 01:16:18 pm »
You have such a big heart.  After Katie died in May/05 we said we would wait and see if we got another dog. It took all of three weeks and we were looking for another dog.  We really missed having another dog in our  home.
 I don't think there is such a thing as getting another dog too soon. I think it is what you feel in your heart. You are not replacing the other dog. You are just giving love to a dog that is here and needs it now. :)

p.s. of course you should get the puppy......lol

[/color]

My response is almost identical to IceRotti's.  When we lost Slater in Aug 05', about 5 weeks later we brought Kate home.  When Slater passed away we said it would be a 'long time' before we got another dog.  There were a bunch of signs and occurences that led us to her - we know Slater had a hand in all of it (we just couldn't ignore it).

Maybe Cotton has a hand in all of this.  I'd definitely go for it!  How cool is it to be there for the birth of your puppy!?  ;)

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 01:32:29 pm »

The really nice thing about love is the more you give the more you have.

If you feel happy about getting a puppy, DO IT!

It is no disrespect to your former dog. In fact, it's a tribute to how much you loved and cared that you would be willing to love again and face that inevitable loss down the line that we all know, in the back of our minds, is out there.

Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 07:48:21 pm »
It sounds like it is meant to be!!!  I had a springer before Harley and she was insane, lovely, sweet, darling, good watch dog and just a doll. 

When she passed I too said no dog for quite a while 3 months later I was looking for a Flat Coat or a Springer and got Harley 5 months later.

Best of luck to you - just think cute cuddly puppies!!!

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 11:06:27 pm »
Thank you everyone so much i will have to take pics of them and send them to yall.  My fiance saw me posting and read what i had written and he was like Amber you are posting a dog lover website to see if you should get another dog of course they are going to say yes.  You just want the dog and then tell me that everyone thinks i should. 
I then precided to tell him to shut up.  Yea he knows me too well.   ;) ;D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 01:26:43 am »

The really nice thing about love is the more you give the more you have.

If you feel happy about getting a puppy, DO IT!

It is no disrespect to your former dog. In fact, it's a tribute to how much you loved and cared that you would be willing to love again and face that inevitable loss down the line that we all know, in the back of our minds, is out there.

Here Here Red!!!...The only way to keep your Rainbow Bridge baby alive is to pass that love on...The chain of love & all! :)

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 08:59:26 am »
If it's the right dog no way is it too soon - and you'll know if he is. Flynn came back to his breeder the day my Phoebe died. It was about 3 weeks after that before he came to live with me. My friend had offerend me one of her puppies but it didn't seem right although I'd known those pups since they were born. Like a couple of other people have said, I felt like Phoebe had somehow had a hand in sending Flynn to me.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 09:01:50 am by Senghe »

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 11:06:49 am »
I think that you'll know when it is the right time for you.  :)

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 01:00:07 pm »
Ok well here is the baby boy that i might be getting he is a black and white english springer spaniel.  Or the liver and white i cant decide.  I mean look at the face.  He was just an hour old. 

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 01:22:30 pm »
I love the pink paws.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 01:26:14 pm »
no...it's not too soon in my opinion anyway.  You do what's right for you though. 
I got Grace only a month after my Missy died.  I felt bad but decided we had room in our hearts for a puppy and that Missy would not have wanted us to not make room for a new puppy in our lives. 

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006, 01:32:24 pm »
Ok, I just saw on little Baxters paw print that his doggy mommy's name is Dixie.  Now I know you have to have him.  ;D ;D ;D