Author Topic: check-up  (Read 6370 times)

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
check-up
« on: July 21, 2005, 10:33:41 am »
Took Felony to the vet today, for her second set of shots and all that other nifty little stuff that they force on the poor thing.
She weighs 10 1/2 lbs. They said that is a good weight for her, but she will probably put it on faster now that she has been de-wormed. Because it obviously was not done at the first vet visit. She said that potty training would get a little easier too.
I also got  some ideas from her about some training classes that I had been looking into. She recommended this one not too far from me, the first class is 10 weeks long.
So, we are off to a good start...

I am kinda bummed. I am taking my kids on vacation, with my mom. We are leaving on Sunday. I have to leave my new baby at home with daddy. I know he'll take good care of her, but he is definently not as strict as I am, as far as getting up from doing something to get her a chew toy or to take her to the toy box and hide that plug under the rug. I am afraid I am gonna come home and the dog is gonna have half the place chewed and have taken over my bed.
ha ha ha
I'm cool with the couch as long as I get my pillow. But that seems to be her favorite item. Oh, and yes, I have given her a pillow to call her own. But she still seems to like mine better.

lins_saving_grace

Re: check-up
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 01:15:10 pm »
Lady was 9 1/2 pounds when we got her and put on an average of 10 pounds a month after that.  No...they don't stay that little that long.  Grace is doing the same thing...10 pounds a month...but she was 25 pounds when we got her.

Offline Phillips

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Dixie & Brutis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 02:54:30 pm »
TALK ABOUT YOUR PILLOW HOG. LOL  Well, this is Dixie my 10.5 WKS old Boxer and she will not lay on our hard flooring. So when she is being mischevious and im on computer we lay a pillow in the floor and she will come and lay down on pillows.
Boxer slobbers from Dixie and Brutis

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 02:55:32 pm »
lol that is too cute, and wow she has bog paws !  ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Phillips

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Dixie & Brutis
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 02:55:50 pm »
LOL TO MUCH RAIN HERE  SHE IS DIRTY NEEDS A BATH
LOL NOT REALLY A GOOD PICTURE OH WELL YOU GET THE POINT

Offline Phillips

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Dixie & Brutis
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 02:57:01 pm »
Yea she should be the mascot of bpo lol

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 03:00:02 pm »
Try sleeping on her pillow for a couple of night, that might help, if she thinks it is your pillow, and it smells like you.

And I can not believe that Dixie is already that old, it seems like it was just the other day you just got her home, she does have big paws and will I am sure get to be a big girl. She is too cute on that pink pillow.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Phillips

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Dixie & Brutis
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 03:05:59 pm »
THANK YOU    Yes she is getting so big. She doesnt always stay on the pillow she moves alot in her sleep its fun to watch her sleep. 

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 03:09:38 pm »
Awwwww look at that sweet girl, she even has her own blankie. She may not have had the ultimat start in life, but she sure is a lucky puppy to have such a good home and mommy now. In not too long you will have to trade the pillow for a much bigger one hehe.

Marit

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2005, 03:12:22 pm »
Dixie is a doll. Her own pink pillow, how cute!  :D
Felony has been sleeping in either the bathroom, behind the toilet or directly over top of the vent in the kitchen. She only lays on the pillow when she comes upstairs. I might have to try that, swapping pillows with her.
oooh, I forgot to mention that her hernia has healed over too! YAH! I was all worried for nothing.

Offline Phillips

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Dixie & Brutis
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2005, 03:12:56 pm »
You are so true ;D

Offline Phillips

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Dixie & Brutis
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2005, 03:19:03 pm »
I am so glad the hernia thing is better. Yea they are so demanding of us and our property. Dixie has my scooby doo slippers as her chew toy and she loves them. I just gave them to her and she totes them all over the house.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2005, 03:19:19 pm »
Dixie is a doll. Her own pink pillow, how cute!  :D
Felony has been sleeping in either the bathroom, behind the toilet or directly over top of the vent in the kitchen. She only lays on the pillow when she comes upstairs. I might have to try that, swapping pillows with her.
oooh, I forgot to mention that her hernia has healed over too! YAH! I was all worried for nothing.

wonderful news, I am so happy that her hernia has closed up. Give her a kiss from me and giant slobbers from the fourlegged kids in my family

Marit

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2005, 09:14:41 am »
That is not considered laying down...that's "Crashed" !!! How cute.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2005, 09:15:48 am »
OHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!  Does she snore too?