Author Topic: NO AIR!!  (Read 1658 times)

Kiahpyr

NO AIR!!
« on: September 12, 2005, 04:19:32 pm »
AAHHHHH!! My air conditioner broke. It's 90 degrees in here & I'm in the basement. Can't get it looked at until morning. It's so hot!!

Offline Teresa Marie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: NO AIR!!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 07:28:34 pm »
AAHHHHH!! My air conditioner broke. It's 90 degrees in here & I'm in the basement. Can't get it looked at until morning. It's so hot!!

Oh god,I remember that feeling. The AC broke inĀ  the  apartment my husband and I first lived together in...and we spent the night, I kid you not, IN the swimming pool!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: NO AIR!!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 07:44:06 pm »
Do you have any fans? If you open up the windows that will help too (air is always colder at night so you want that air to come in and the hot day air to go out).

At our last house, Dan and I had moved from an apartment with central air so we didn't have a window air conditioner the day we moved in. It was over 90 degrees that day and after all that hard work we were ready to die in the heat. So at 10pm when we were finally done we went out in search of an air conditioner. Home depot was sold out, target  and walmart were closed, and those were the only major stores nearby. We went to an all night grocery store and were so excited to see a fan until we found out they were sold out. We were so desperate we convinced the manager to sell us the floor model. Best $10 I ever spent! Now the fan is put to good use in my classroom.... 90 days + No air conditioning + no windows open at night + a zillion sweaty students =  :-\
RIP former BPO

Kiahpyr

NO AIR!!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 12:29:41 pm »
My central air is finally fixed! Yes! The fan motor died.

Last night was a bad night. My daughter couldn't sleep because it was so hot even with windows open and fans running. I don't think she was used to all the noise. I got four hours of sleep. I'm running on fumes today. My daughter is very cranky. Kiah kept wanting to go outside because it was nicer outside than inside. Ugh!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 12:32:13 pm by Tajsa »