Author Topic: I need another Great Pyr  (Read 8024 times)

Offline Mark Dozier

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
I need another Great Pyr
« on: November 09, 2005, 06:47:28 pm »
I live in Washington state near Tacoma. Who is the best breeder in the state. I have not ever gotten a dog from a breeder but I am so much needing a Pyr and so far i haven't found a rescue purebreed that would in my budget ability to go get.
.I Iknow I a funny that way but i like my dogs purebreed unless god give me other  marching orders.
I know breeders I will not use. The one that can not even return an email message
Mark Dozier
servant of
Rolly - Walker Coon Hound
Ozzie - Maremma
Siearra - Great Pryenesse

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: I need another Great Pyr
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 06:50:33 pm »
http://www.ovcharkarescue.org/available_dogs.htm

Angie Wheat is a wonderful wonderful person that does OVcharka rescue...but she will also do any LGD...

She has a Pyr named Ozzie there right now
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 12:22:57 am »
OMG Babs! I really want an ovcharka! I really like Ozzie & Zane. I just love Misha, of course you already know that. Oh how I wish I had a bigger place. ;) We're both also the same age.

Offline Mark Dozier

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 12:41:21 am »
I spoke with Angie today and Ozzie is either a Oyt or Kuvas. Evedn the experts can tell for sure. ::)
Mark Dozier
servant of
Ozzie - Maremma

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 12:45:58 am »
Then why do they say Ozzie is a pyr? He isn't a Kuvasz. They have shorter curlier hair. He's a handsome boy!

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 07:53:36 am »
Sorry for sharing the link...In regards to my breeds the key is beyond extensive socialization and the owner taking nothing for granted.  They were both a cinch to housebreak and are pretty low key in the home.  They appear to be sleeping all day but they can go from 0-100 in the blink of an eye.  So far both my animals are very very stable, tolerant, loving dogs.  And as you know both breeds have a strong distrust of strangers but after a proper introduction and the other person doesnt act like a idiot all should be fine.

Offline Mark Dozier

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 07:57:01 pm »
Don't be sorry for shring. I knew nothing about that breed untill you mentioned them. and yes OZZZIE is very cute. I may be going to see hime if I-90 is open and not backed up  this weekend.
Besides i wanto to see some of the Caucasiuans myself.
Mark Dozier
servant of
Ozzie - Maremma

Kiahpyr

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 10:38:25 am »
Babs don't be sorry. I was just kidding. I love seeing pictures of ovcharkas. They are awesome dogs! I just can't resist pictures and some day I would like to get one. You're doing a great job with your dogs. You're my idol! 

Mark that's great! I would love to see them in person myself. Please take pictures to share! ;) I hope you get Ozzie I love to hear more of his adventures.

Offline Mark Dozier

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 05:29:55 am »
WAHOOOOOOO, Everyone look at this handsome criiter. This is my new baby. His name is OZZIE. I just got him today. Just wanted to let you all see my baby. I also have a few pic od Caucasians that i got while at the kennell that I wll upload tomorrow.
Yeapee, and Good Night/
Mark Dozier
servant of
Ozzie - Maremma

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2005, 09:18:29 am »
Ohhhh...that is wonderful...An gie is such an amazing kind hearted person...she does a lot for those dogs....I am also jealous that you got to meet Zero's sisters LOL

Kiahpyr

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2005, 09:37:18 am »
Mark that is so wonderful!!! I'm so happy that you gave Ozzie a great home. I'm so excited for you!

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005, 03:21:32 pm »
Oh, Mark he is SO gorgeous.  I can see why you had to take him home!

Is he going to be guarding livestock at his new home?  Or is he going to be a dog of leisure and snuggling?

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline Mark Dozier

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2005, 03:45:30 am »
" is he going to be a dog of leisure and snuggling?" LOL
Yeap, He already is. He is a snuggler and he found out today that my recliner is just the right for him. Maybe Santa will bring one I can sit on. With Ozzie's gentle temperment and kind heart I am thinking he just maybe a good therpy dog.  He is not a typical Pyr. We wen to the dog park and he went running and playing and staying close to Rolley. HE comes when called and so far has not shown any tendency to wonder, But being a Pyr he will always need close watching because they be sneaky critters.
I wonder if my wife will kill me when I ask ger if I can go back and get Zane!!!!
Mark Dozier
servant of
Ozzie - Maremma

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2005, 08:51:33 am »
Zane is awesome!  I would have a hard time not taking him home - its a good thing I live far away!!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2005, 09:54:44 am »
Oh, Mark, that's such fantastic news that you have Ozzie and he's settling in well!  His very own forever home!!  That will put a smile on my face all day!!!