Author Topic: possible light at the end of the tunnel???maybe not!!!  (Read 3025 times)

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
possible light at the end of the tunnel???maybe not!!!
« on: September 03, 2007, 10:30:23 pm »
A women e-mailed me today, she lives on 2 acres and she wants Beau!!! I am actually driving him to her tomorrow to see her place. She is taking him to her low cost spay/neuter (I offered to re-imburse her $50 fo the cost when it is done). She has no cats, and 3 kids. She asked many great questions about him!!! I also have a possible back-up home just incase. Morgayne and the dane pup are best buddies already!!! They have been westling and playing for an hour now. The pup has been cleansed of the fleas...I got some capstar? pills on the way home with her from the vet. Then I gave her a bath...then used some spray, then another bath.... I see nooo fleas on her now. Hopefully all the nasty raw spots and bites will heal fast. I have some stuff for that too. She is soooo cute.... much smaller than Morgayne. Miss Morgaynes B-day is Jan. 28th... Her b-day is Feb. 14 (valentines day. :) So they are very close in age. Thorn hasn't met her yet...that should be interesting. Her name is Gracie...not that she can hear it if ya call her... I like that name, but I may change it to Gwen (morgayne and gwenevere...Ki ng Arthur...) Anyway that is where things are for now. Thanks for your kind words and posotive thoughts.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 03:01:02 am by zchic »
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

bigdogs@5501

Re: possible light at the end of the tunnel???
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 10:36:10 pm »
I am hoping that the home with the 3 kids works out for Beau. He is so pretty I wish that I could have taken him. Now for Ms.Gracie. We need pics. Also hopefully your vet dewormed her- fleas can cause them to have worms. You are good- I dont know if I would be able to take on a deaf dane, I would be nervous about how to communicate with them. Here I am constantly calling someone by there name and either telling them no or to drop it... I am so happy that your special dane found you. Now she is going to have the best home.

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 10:39:31 pm »
thats soooo great to hear ;D *hey i just saw a commercial with a great dane on it and a little kid hugging him aww...* sorry, just had to say that. i hope beau likes his new home, and that everything works out! good luck with the new one! sounds like shes coming along already, and making friends fast! ive never dealt with deaf dogs, i hope you have fun with her. let us know!
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 10:49:00 pm »
Aw, it's all about timing! I hope it all works out well for Beau, and just in time for Gwen to join you - how great! How did you come across her, anyway? Your previous post said "dumped" - what's her story?
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 02:53:09 am »
Well....it is a dim light...Beau should be going to his home tomorrow...but my husband is mad about the dane. He isn't talking to me. My parents haven't said anything rude to me but my mother told my daughter I am selfish. I am soooo sick of people I could hang myself!!! I pay the vet bills, I feed them, I scoop the crap in the yard, I groom them....I know people on here have 4 dogs or more,,,What's 3 big paws, and a 14 pound rat dog??? This dane is going to be on the small side I think. She is half Morgaynes height. Anyway here is a picture for those who are interested...a nd if anyone is interested in having her...PM me, she may need a home soon. :(
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline Tazz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: possible light at the end of the tunnel???maybe not!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 03:51:25 am »
What a pretty gal! And glad Beau found a home.

I'm sorry your mom said that to your daughter. s  rule I try to avoid any type of "downtalk" about my daughter in front of my grandkids.

Take deep breaths and try to relax. Hubby does the sme thing to me when I bring home a new critter, but within a day or two he has the new critter eating out of his hands.:)

Good Luck!

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 04:33:51 am »
oh shes sooo cute! i want one! lol...no i couldnt, i dont know how i would adapt to a deaf dane. i do plan on setting up a rescue when i get a nice house with lots of land though!
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 05:28:09 am »
I am done with rescue...That has always been my dream, to do rescue. First I was taking in a few birds here and there,and adopting them out. That went pretty well, except Dylan complained that they were to loud. I have my pet birds still, but not taking in any rescues anymore. Funny he didn't complain about Beau, he helped me groom him and took him for walks and stuff. We had a long talk, I told him to give her a chance. I figured since Beau was leaving and we had to re-home our rescue min-pin a few weeks ago, we would be down to 3 dogs, and one more wouldn't  be a big deal (since we have had atleast 4 dogs for years).
  She and Morgayne have been doing laps around the house. It is funny. They play so well. I hope things work out.
She looks bigger in this pic than she is. She is MUCH smaller than Morggie:
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 05:43:54 am »
You know its kinda like they have to grumble just to have thier say... I know that I go thru it often enough. So give it a little time- he will probably be fine.
As far as your mother is concerned- maybe it is time to pull her to the side and explain that we do not involve the children in issues that do not concern the children. Unless you are financially dependent on your parents, I can not imagine why they would have any say in this matter.
You are taking care of your family, your home and the dogs and you did a wonderful thing for Beau and maybe it is your mother who is being a bit selfish and she is the one that needs to re-evaluate her situation.

Offline AnnaCrew

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
    • Come and pat Grace
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 09:32:49 am »
For you and hubby - for me always works the misery/protection thing - THIS dog needs a help, if not WE, he/she would be PTS. Dog was already neglected/abused/suffering/ill... Make your hubby feel a hero by helping this dog and he will accept it
http://ozolkalni.blogspot.com/
Come and pat Grace athttp://en.uniteddogs.com/dog/16498

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 11:09:58 am »
Well, what a rotten thing for your mom to say, especially to your daughter!! I can't even begin to imagine how the word selfish fits someone who does what you've been doing for these puppers. Hopefully your daughter is old enough to understand that grandma was out of line. As for hubby, I agree with above posts totally - he'll come around. Especially once Beau goes, so let's hope that works out. As I suggested before (don't know if you saw it) maybe Beau can go back to the shelter now that he's all pretty and healthy. He's nicely adoptable now, and you'd be able to check on him when you wanted since you work there, right? Then, hubby could love Gwen without the distraction. After a day or two, play the sympathy card, and tell him (with big gooey love eyes) that you really appreciate how patient he's been with your rescue efforts, and how much it means to you that he really "gets" how much rescue means to you. Then go on to talk a little about Gwen and her deafness, and what her options would have been if not for your rescue. Then, just say, thanks again, tell him you appreciate his support, and hum a happy tune as you walk away. You could even put a little skip in your step! HOw dorky is that? Just dorky enough to work!!!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python