Author Topic: Different Personalities  (Read 1681 times)

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Different Personalities
« on: November 14, 2005, 05:01:11 pm »
My 2 dobies are so much alike, but have such different personalities! Dar is almost 3 and I got her when she was 7 wks old from the breeder, and straight out of the litter.  She is somewhat 'aloof' with strangers, and often that way with everybody! But she is so smart---she can learn something new in two or three attempts, and she is basically a quiet dog.   Only barks if someone knocks at the door, or if something looks 'wrong' to her (she barked at the guy on the neighbor's roof who was fixing the shingles, cos people just dont belong there!) 
Sasha, on the other hand, is a rescue, and is sooo loveable, she wants to snuggle and would crawl inside your mouth if possible!  She just can't get close enough!  But she is hard-headed, and it takes a very long time to change certain undesireable behaviors.  She was almost a year old before she was totally housebroken, she still will get into the trash can unless it is emptied continuously, and she loves to bark at everything under the sun that moves!  I tell people that she is a work in progress.  I took her to a basic obedience class, and she tried to snap at a Pom (well, she was sort of provoked by the little snot, but that's beside the point) You dont try to eat your classmates!  The next class after that episode, the instructor said, "would you mind moving Sasha to the END of the line?" I sure hope she gets a little better manners soon.

DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Different Personalities
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 05:05:07 pm »
It is interesting that you have 2 of the same breeds and are similar in so many ways but yet very different....I am sure you will do well though because you are dedicated and intelligent
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 05:07:32 pm »
Awwwwww Geeeeee, you;re making me blush!
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 05:11:43 pm »
I fully understand...I have a male Central Asian and a female Caucasian they are different breeds but very similar and in the same family of dogs LGD's   they both are alike but yet very different...
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 09:52:49 pm »
My friend has 10 shar-pei and you know what, they're all very diferent personalities. Of course, with any pedigree, you basically know roughly what their traits will be, but nothing can predict the little quirks and eccentricities your own babies will have. I remember when she used to have rottweillers and people used to ask how she could tell a litter of 8 puppies from one another - but if you spend any time with them, even puppies at 4 weeks old have distinct little personalities. It's one of the pleasures of owning a dog and spending time with puppies (the greatest and most fun time wasters on the planet).  :)