Author Topic: Toys for a big chewer....a BIG CHEWER!!!!  (Read 4062 times)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Toys for a big chewer....a BIG CHEWER!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2005, 11:22:57 pm »
Have you tried tire toys from mammoth pet? They are made of actual tire material, so they are ridiculously strong. Zoey has the tire with a rope on it and she never gets tired of it and can't even dent it. Tire toys  are the best dog toys EVER! http://www.mammothpet.com/

Also, just for the record, a warning from me: the one time zoey had a marrow bone from the butcher, we ended up in the emergency room at 3 in the morning.
RIP former BPO

Aggghgmom

Re: Toys for a big chewer....a BIG CHEWER!!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2005, 11:24:32 am »
Harley my Flat Coat is also a big chewer - he has eated his tire biter - toys that say for tough chewers - if he goes thru them in just few minutes and the package says tough I bring it back and get my money back.

Harley has a kong that he has not eaten thru however, he doesn't like it unless I put peanut butter in it.

I have just (last night) given Harley bones from the butcher of the supermarket they charge about $7.00 for 6 bones about 5 inches each.  harley has had them from my neighbor before but never "fresh from the package" and I have to say it didn't smell very pleasant not ransid but bone like.

Oh well the price I pay for a few minutes of peace and quiet - except when he brings the slimey thing over to plop in my lap.