Author Topic: Chesapeake Bay retriever in need of home!!!!!  (Read 5344 times)

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Chesapeake Bay retriever in need of home!!!!!
« on: June 18, 2007, 08:37:10 pm »
My best friend called me last night ans told me about this breeder that lived next door to her and had 7 chessies.  Well he ended up moving three months ago leaving 4 of the dogs there and all were from a litter he couldn't sell.  My friend has been feeding them about a week after the guy moved.  She has maaged to find homes for the three girls not the boy (who is by far the biggest).   She said that he is 7 months old and wieghs about 90 lbs.  He is Very sweet with kids.  she has a four and a five year old and the kids just lay on him.  He is very affectionate.  She said that everyone that comes out to see him loves him the most but realize he is just going to be too BIG!  I don't think that would be a problem here!   ;D   
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
Re: Chesapeake Bay retriever in need of home!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 11:59:48 pm »
Oo I hope  you guys  find a good home  for him.. How  could  some one just leave  there dogs behind when they  move..  >:(
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 03:56:37 am »
I'm sure he'll find a home no prob!

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 09:02:33 am »
Oh, those poor puppies!  This is the stuff that just infuriates me.  I was just posting the other day that I've been told about Pyr breeders that dump unsold puppies on Pyr Rescue by refusing to feed them if rescue doesn't pick them up.  Then I read about these Chessies.  :(  There really must be a special place in He!! for people that treat living creatures like that. 

Has your friend considered reporting this so-called "breeder" to animal control both in the area in which she lives and also the area that this "breeder" has moved to?  I'm sure that they'd be interested in knowing about people that breed & abandon pets.  Also, if you contact the local Chessie Rescue maybe they can help him find the kind of forever home that he deserves and I'm sure that they'll want to keep an eye on this guy, too.  For now, I'll just hope that the "breeder" of this poor puppy finds his own justice, too.   :(  Thank you and your friend for caring and finding homes for these puppies.   :-*
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 09:08:20 am »
Chessies are such pretty dogs.  I was looking at one not to long ago but I don't think it was good with cats.  Otherwise I think I would have snatched him up.  I hope he finds a good home soon.  He sounds awesome.

Modified because I just can't help myself:  How is he with other dogs (male and female), cats, and do you know if he's housetrained etc?   
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 08:23:02 pm by kathryn »
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 02:07:14 am »
Chessies are such pretty dogs.  I was looking at one not to long ago but I don't think it was good with cats.  Otherwise I think I would have snatched him up.  I hope he finds a good home soon.  He sounds awesome.

Modified because I just can't help myself:  How is he with other dogs (male and female), cats, and do you know if he's housetrained etc?   

Kat, are you serious?  Oh, I hope so!  This sweet boy needs a great BPO home with you.  Then we could watch him grow up.   ;D  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 08:09:13 am »
I can honestly say that I'm seriously thinking about him.   :)
Kaila - Belgian Malinois

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 10:09:09 am »
I have had him here with our dogs for the past three days.  We have an unnuetered male and female that was just in heat and everyone is getting along great. 
Our nieghbors have three chihuahuas and he has played with them also.  We have cats that are nieghborhood cats and he is fine with them.  He barks cause he wants them to play with him but when they get up to him his little (or should I say big tail) .  I am going to send some picks of him so yall can see what he looks like.  We have been calling him Muddy.  He seems to know how to sit  and Lay down.  And if you have food he will shake and speak.  So we have been trying to see what he likes and doesnt like.  O by the way he LOVES baths.   ;D

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 10:20:15 am »
i am trying to talk my fiance into keeping him!!!  But isnt going so well because we already have a deposit for a baby pug.   :'(

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 09:46:35 pm »
Did you convince your fiance to keep the Chessie?  I hope he's found a great home.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 11:50:23 pm »
Where are you located? I have a friend who's desperate to get a chessie, her and her dad absolutely love them.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats