Author Topic: BAD bad thing that I saw :-( :-(  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
BAD bad thing that I saw :-( :-(
« on: November 09, 2007, 09:52:10 am »
I took my kitties to the vet this morning to get health certificates so they can go on the plane when we move to CA on Friday (yikes - it's time already!!). When we were leaving, ("we" being me, Kenji, Nishi, Mika, son Marshall and son Jackson) Marshall said "Oh, that poor dog! We should call the doctors to go get him!!" Well, of course, I zipped my car around the block as Marshall is telling me that he saw a big dog laying in the road panting. Sure enough, there he was. Poor thing was maybe a rott mix - gorgeous dark, dark brindle guy. He was laying in the road. He just looked at me when I got out of my car. I had NO space in my car, no towels, no spare leash - NOTHING. He had a choke chain on but when I went towards him he got up and limped away slowly. His spine stuck out and his hips were so clearly visible. He had mangey stuff all over his skinny butt and his tail was either cropped or mangled, I couldn't tell. It was so so so sad! I swear, if I wasn't moving, I would have gone home, unloaded my car and gone back for him. Given my circumstances, I called Animal Control. I feel so sick about it. Animal Control here is not one of those kill factories, so at least there is that, but damn, I just want to f-ing cry. He was so beautiful and sad... :'(
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: BAD bad thing that I saw :-( :-(
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 04:33:45 pm »
OHH, Ali I'm so sorry.  I know that if you would have had the means and a way you would have helped him.  You did all that you could at the time by calling animal control.  Do you know if they found him?  Hopefully he's getting the care that he needs.  Cry if you need to, it sucks I know.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: BAD bad thing that I saw :-( :-(
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 11:27:39 am »
I'm sorry that you had to see that pup during a time when you aren't in the position to bring him home - but you did what others before you couldn't be bothered doing.

I hope animal control picks him up quickly.

I always say that I would help in a situation like that but if I saw an animal like that I don't know if I would have the courage to help beyond a phone call - I hope I would be I would be thinking what about the kids, Harley, etc.

Randy & Harley