Author Topic: If this were "an eye for an eye" society....UPDATE  (Read 5874 times)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
If this were "an eye for an eye" society....UPDATE
« on: January 16, 2008, 08:06:36 pm »
So, I decided to take my littlest kids to the park today. We are new in town, and hadn't been to this one before. The parking lot is long and skinny, and really full. So, I cruise down the long lot slowly and AH HA! A parking spot! I start to swing my big ol GMC Yukon into the spot and have to stop short. Why? Someone left a broken down looking animal carrier in the corner of the spot. I got out to move it, and lo and behold, it was NOT empty.  :'( Two purebred Yorkies were stuffed into the thing, and just left there. I was at the very end of all the full spots, and there was NO ONE around. The little paws were very sweet and friendly, but matted, filthy and smelly, caked with poop and all. I took them to our new vet, who happened to be around the corner. One didn't have a microchip but the other one DID! How dumb can you be?? So, thankfully, the vet and her staff were very helpful, and took charge. I left them contacting AVID and all that stuff. They planned to wash the pups and shave their matted hair, feed them, all that good stuff. If it had been a big paw, I'd probably have an extra mouth to feed now! But alas, and no offense, I am not a fan of little paws. But I know the vet will do a great job with the pups. They were full grown, BTW - not puppies. Poor little girls...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 04:06:15 pm by Ali »
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

lorim2

Re: If this were "an eye for an eye" society....
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 08:13:51 pm »
I am just thankful you found them....You are a saint!

marypyrs

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 08:20:12 pm »
I had to read this through twice!  :o WHO ON EARTH would do such a thing?!  ??? I'm so glad it was you who found them. Poor little Puppers!

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 09:48:15 pm »
What's really ridiculous is that the microchip is registered in Oregon (I am in Northern California) and when I stopped by the vet later today, they said that they had found the pup's vet and were tracking down contact info for the owners that way. Did they FORGET that they had a microchipped dog when they dumped them? Duh. The really sad thing is that it's cold here now (not snowy, though, like a lot of you all) and the dogs are obviously small, so who knows how long they'd have lasted. Plus, the carrier was so small that there was no room for any food or water to be left for them, as if the losers who dumped them would have cared anyway.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Kai - Aussie/Dobie

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 10:50:34 pm »
That's good! It's important to think of the positives! Maybe there will be a happy reunion. I will keep you posted, if I hear anything!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Kai - Aussie/Dobie

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 11:00:34 pm »
Poor babies.  I am so glad you found them and were able to do something to help them.  That is a shame.  If I found two yorkies, I am afraid we would have 2 more mouths to feed.  Of course, compared to my boys, I don't think we would notice it at all.  Unfortunately, Max would probably step on one and Cody would traumatize them, carrying them around and protecting them.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline karateblossom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • skin and fur family of many children from ages 5 to 14 living at home; and eng mastiff named odin and a siamese named april. we are like alvin and the chipmunks meet garfield!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 12:23:09 am »
Oh, i LOVE positive thoughts.....t hat would be rockin' awesome!!! 
karma is kewl!

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Re: If this were "an eye for an eye" society....UPDATE
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 04:09:12 pm »
Well, it turns out that "Shanti" and "Zoe" belonged to a lady that died about a year ago. Her son took the dogs at that time, and apparently gave them away because he didn't want them. >:( How they ended up down here is still a mystery. The vet told me this morning that they needed a lot of work on their teeth - apparently there are some big problems there. But, they have a lady who is very interested in them, and has the means to care for them properly and get them treated. By law, the vet has to keep them for 7 days, then they can go with their new mommy. I'm glad it worked out, but it sounds like the last year must have been pretty tough on those girls.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Kai - Aussie/Dobie

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 04:46:06 pm »
Those poor babies.  I hope that their new life brings them the happiness that they deserve after all that has happened to them.   :'(
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline karateblossom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • skin and fur family of many children from ages 5 to 14 living at home; and eng mastiff named odin and a siamese named april. we are like alvin and the chipmunks meet garfield!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 05:01:08 pm »
I'm so glad you found them and guess the positive here is they are survivers and now someone is going to take them.  Made me think....what would happen to odin if tragedy happened to my family??  sigh.....my family hates animals, period and especially big ones!  :*(  Ewwwww, I hate thinking like that.....but it makes one think.
karma is kewl!

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 05:09:01 pm »
I'm so glad you found them and guess the positive here is they are survivers and now someone is going to take them.  Made me think....what would happen to odin if tragedy happened to my family??  sigh.....my family hates animals, period and especially big ones!  :*(  Ewwwww, I hate thinking like that.....but it makes one think.

That's why I've made arrangements with my family.  If something bad were to happen to me, my mom will take Naja and love her to the end of her days, but again, my mother loves my dog, so it wasn't a hard decision to make.

My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 05:18:15 pm »
  Made me think....what would happen to odin if tragedy happened to my family??

I know I'm a virtual stranger, but Odin would be more than welcome in my home!  ;)  We BPO'ers are all here because of the same thing :  We all love our pups beyond reason and would do absolutely anything for them.  Because of this love for our dogs, if Sierra couldn't be placed with a  friend I trust or a family member, I would trust giving her to any one of you more than having to re-home her with a stranger.  We may not know each other, but we know we love our dogs and provide the best homes possible for them.

You did make me think that I haven't made arrangements for Sierra.  My cats are going to my best friend.  That was decided long ago.  Of course Sierra would stay with Jeff, but if, God forbid, something were to happen to both of us...  Hmm..  I should speak to my sister and see if she's willing to take her.

I am happy to hear about the wonderful woman who wants those poor little babies.  And I'm glad she's willing to take both.  They have suffered together and probably have quite a bond with each other.  I would probably write a thank you to her telling her how much she made our day here at BPO and have the vet give it to her.  That's just mushy me though...LOL!

Thank you for the update Ali.  I'm relieved to hear they will be having the pampered Yorkie life they deserve.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 06:23:05 pm »
I would also take Odin; my harley is taken care of - if something happens to me and my husband my sister gets both of my kids, my house, and Harley.

Do you have any close friends who love Odin? 

Offline karateblossom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 10:23:10 pm »
Sadly, no real furrie lovers in my life-friend or family.   Then again, I have few real friends and none here on the coast. My love I get to pour into my  'big stuff'-odin's nick-name-and he is an unconditional returner of that love.  MAN, I was raised in an animalfree environment and I pray that I get to live a long life so I can see my children alter that famial trend (my kids LOVE animals, especially those in need).  I guess my worst fear would be in the event anything horrible happened to both my husband and me.  Otherwise, odin is one of my children and I wouldn't abandon my children....;)   Man, I never put that thought in my mind before!!  {sigh}.  As I look at big stuff sleeping on the floor....I am like "gotta stay safe". 
nik 
karma is kewl!