Author Topic: New mom of Newfie pup!  (Read 12018 times)

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: New mom of Newfie pup!
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2005, 01:59:55 pm »
Oh my gosh! Our girls really do look a lot alike! And I LOVE the name Sawyer! Wish I would've thought of that one. How old is she?

Offline luvmenewfs

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2005, 02:03:14 am »
Congratulation s!

When we first started looking for newfies years ago, we didn't even know other colors beside Landseer and Black existed!  Lately we've been seeing many pictures of Browns, very lovely browns, grays, and white with brown.

We didn't have a clue.  Could you imagine if somone tried to have one of each?  LOL  What a house full!!!

luvmenewfs

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2005, 07:07:17 am »
LOL......when we decided to get a Newfie, we were under the impression that Pyrs, Saints, and Newfies were all cousins! Well, you know! One is pure white, one is pure black, and then you have the tri-color of the Saint....right? Ha-ha! And then I only found out about browns, silvers, and Landseers after joining BPO. I really liked the browns, did my research on Newfoundlands, and was lucky to find Molly's breeder. Even with the research, it wasn't until we'd had Molly for a few weeks that I finally learned Newfies were originally developed from Labs and Chesapeake Bay Retrievers! I was shocked!

Offline TwoNewfies

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2005, 10:23:58 am »
Molly is beautiful.  She looks a lot like our Bella at that age.  Molly looks a little more flat coated (our Bella is too).  Our trainer told us that the flater looking coat is the classic look - Newfies 50 to 100 years ago looked more flat coated.  People always ask us what breed she is - it drives us crazy.  Our Rocco looks like your typical today style Newf - really furry.  There is no mistaken him for anything but a Newf.

My wife Gina want to get a Landseer eventually to add to our brown and black Newfie family.  If I were to agree to add another, I would want a Grey one.  Maybe one day we will have every possible color of Newf :o

Congrats on Molly.  You are going to just love the breed.  You might never want any other breed but a Newfie after Molly.  I know we most luckily never will have any other.

Mike
Gina

All dogs are pets.  Newfoundlands are family!

Offline Heighway

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Webster at 8 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2005, 06:03:16 pm »
Jacque, I know exactly what you mean.  I have to wait until saturday to get my baby.  I have waited weeks and weeks already.   This last week is really hard.  Friday night we get to drive to Ohio, spend the night, then get Webster early on Sat. Morning.  I had a newfie named Hightower for just shy of 14 years.  He passed away about  4 years ago.  We now have a 3 year old goldie, he is absolutely wonderful, gorgeous and smart.  But he is so my husbands's dog!  My head does NOT need another hairy house dog.  My HEART insists on another newfie.  It is past time and it is hard to wait another week.  I am so glad to have found this site, full of people who understand dog hair and slobber, pee and poopies, chewed up stuff and the sheer adoration and love that only a big paw can give.  You can expect a ton of pics from this little place in Kentucky, starting next w/e.!!! Oh, my avatar is Webster at 6 weeks.
Karen

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2005, 06:27:00 pm »
Welcome Joey and Molly. Don't feel guilty about wanting a puppy so soon after your Saint passed. It is a tribute to him that he brought out so much love in your family that there was probably a great emptiness without him. He is happy that you are sharing that love w/ a new pup. :) If you have ever noticed, it's the people who were the happiest in their marriages that are the quickest to remarry when their spouse dies.  They miss that love and happiness they felt.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2005, 07:07:20 pm »
Never ever fell guilty about wanting a baby to love.  After I lost my Rosie I was a mess and could not do anything for weeks, the only thing that made me want to get out of bed was when I started looking for a puppy. 
Welcome Joey and Molly. Don't feel guilty about wanting a puppy so soon after your Saint passed. It is a tribute to him that he brought out so much love in your family that there was probably a great emptiness without him. He is happy that you are sharing that love w/ a new pup. :) If you have ever noticed, it's the people who were the happiest in their marriages that are the quickest to remarry when their spouse dies.  They miss that love and happiness they felt.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2005, 07:10:41 pm »
Congrats on your new newf. I'm owned by Angus, a 4½ mth old newf.

Andreau

Kiahpyr

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2005, 07:14:51 pm »
Molly is so cute!!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2005, 07:16:20 pm »
, the only thing that made me want to get out of bed was when I started looking for a puppy.  [

I felt the same way, Dixie!  After losing my first two Newfs last year, the only thing that tilted the world back on its axis was having Chester to love!  He and Cowboy have plugged up the hole in our hearts.   There  will always be a huge scar where we lost them, but the patch is holding!!!  The picture below is of our brown boy, Chester!!  He's now 7 months old!

smohr

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2005, 06:57:04 pm »
Never ever fell guilty about wanting a baby to love.  After I lost my Rosie I was a mess and could not do anything for weeks, the only thing that made me want to get out of bed was when I started looking for a puppy. 

I agree!  I was also a MESS when I lost Lady, my dane girl, and having BPO members comfort and encourage me, I was able to open my heart very soon after losing Lady.  It was over a year before I got Lady after losing Katie (my other dane girl) and I didn't want another dane for the same reasons you mentioned...lo oking into those eyes.  But Lady came along and I wasn't sorry for getting another dane.

I just couldn't do it again, so I now have a Neo I'm trying to train (HA!) as you all have read about today, and I don't regret getting a puppy so soon after Lady's crossing the bridge.

Much happiness to you and Molly and the family together.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2005, 09:16:02 pm »
Chester is such a looker.  He has to be a joy. 
, the only thing that made me want to get out of bed was when I started looking for a puppy.  [

I felt the same way, Dixie!  After losing my first two Newfs last year, the only thing that tilted the world back on its axis was having Chester to love!  He and Cowboy have plugged up the hole in our hearts.   There  will always be a huge scar where we lost them, but the patch is holding!!!  The picture below is of our brown boy, Chester!!  He's now 7 months old!
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2005, 02:50:26 am »
I want to thank all of you for being so kind & understanding. Of course you sure understand if you've been through it! There is a special place in our hearts where Roswell is alive & well & never, ever forgotten.

And now it feels like Molly has always been with us.  Except we know not to ever take her for granted! She turned 6 months old last week, and our hearts are growing fuller with each passing day:-)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2005, 03:00:17 am »
Chester is such a looker.  He has to be a joy. 
[

Chester sends his thanks and drools, Dixie.  He is such a special boy and I think that some how Otis and Lucille did their best to find us the best heart-patch they could find!  He's it!

Offline Jen and Rick

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2005, 04:33:10 am »
Hi Joey,

I'm so happy that you and Molly have found each other and that you've joined us on BPO!  I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear Roswell, but I know that it sometimes helps the healing process when another special soul comes into our lives.  I look forward to seeing more pictures of your baby!!

Jen