Author Topic: WOAH EARTHQUAKE!  (Read 3167 times)

Nicole

WOAH EARTHQUAKE!
« on: April 16, 2008, 10:19:11 pm »
So, I was awake like, every hour last night to either pee or scream in pain because I was having charlie horses, and around 3:30am, we had an EARTHQUAKE!

I'm not even kiddding! The whole bed shook and the windows. ANd I was like, "Mark! What is going on?!"

He said it was an earthquake, but I didn't believe him until we got up this morning and I heard it on the news.

I guess it was a pretty good size, 5.2. I've experienced one other one in my life, when I was about 8 or 9.

Anyway, totally weird.

Oh, and by the way, I AM SO FREAKING READY TO HAVE THIS BABY!

EllieAndBlu

Re: WOAH EARTHQUAKE!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 10:51:06 pm »
Nicole - I just read about the earthquake too - glad y'all are okay! What a freaky experience that must be - house and windows shaking!

Oh and maybe - the quake will get the baby started on the move out!  :)

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 11:53:04 pm »
hahahaha! It wasn't dramatic. I mean, you know...not dramatic enough to be worried. I thought that somehow Cabeza had gotten himself wedged under the bed and was trying to scratch his bootie or something. It was wild.

We were all up because I woke the whole house up screaming in pain from my stoopid leg. So, I think every single one of us, cat, dog, kid and adult felt it! hahha!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 12:08:00 am »
Yeah I heard it on the news this morning gald everyone is OK.

Nina  ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 12:26:22 am »
SERIOUSLY! I mean, if we are going to have a dang earthquake in Indiana, shouldn't it at least be a good story?

"Well, Tristan. It was a night like any other...but THEN! There was an EARTHQUAKE! And mommy went straight into labor and you were born 7 minutes later with half a push!"

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 12:33:28 am »
SERIOUSLY! I mean, if we are going to have a dang earthquake in Indiana, shouldn't it at least be a good story?

"Well, Tristan. It was a night like any other...but THEN! There was an EARTHQUAKE! And mommy went straight into labor and you were born 7 minutes later with half a push!"

LMAO that would be awesome!
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline NarniaMals

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 02:39:26 am »
FIrst of all - We hope all goes well with the baby!  It would have made a great story! 

I am in AK where we shake, rattle and roll all the time - The dogs are great indicators of a quake on the way - dependning on the magnitude they get real weird about 5 seconds b4 we start shaking - one night my husky bounced up on the bed and we shook really hard. Hopefully the one you experienced was just a friek of nature - It took a bit of getting used to up here  - We shake a lot during the spring when the ground is going through that freeze and thaw cycle - so we are gearing up for the shake season now

There is a great website for reproting your quake - I think it is something like www.aeic.com or something.  You can google alaska earthquake information center and it will find it.  From there you can link to you area and then report it.  We love hearing about how the lower forty-eight shakes!

Again - Hope all goes well for you!
Marianne and the MALS
Jadis (Queen of Narnia - The White Witch) and
Vander  (One of her loyal guardians)
also Maulgrim (our Huskey - Head guardian and our little alpha dog!)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 03:46:32 am »
Oh my goodness!!  That's kinda scarey, and with all the other cr@p going on at the same time, would doubly and triply suck some serious patouty!  The earthquakes we used to get in Victoria were never all that noticable, I usually slept right through them.  But hey it sure would be cool, if that got little Tristen on the move!  :)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Bubbalove

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 03:59:12 am »
I think Kana may have had a premonition (har de har)...He asked to go out at about 2:45am (not usual) and so we let him after he didn't respond to a groggy "go to sleep" from hubby. 
John and I did not feel a thing...We woke at about 5:50 and turned on the news and there it was...on the news.
Maybe Kana knew...
Kana - 4 y/o Japanese Akita
Kita - 8/2005 crossed Rainbow Bridge
       10 y/o American Akita

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 05:47:48 am »
So I definitely slept through it. lol I did however wake up to a cat sleeping on my face, so he must have been freaked out by it.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

k2campbell

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 07:21:02 am »
Ha ha ha...you crack me up Nicole! :D You are SO DONE being pregnant hey?! ::) (Like I needed to ask)! ;)

An earthquake...W OW...that's freaky! :o So glad to hear you are alright! ;)

And, as for the charlie horses...aren't those fun? :-\ OUCH...I remember  ::)

As for getting the baby out, I suggest finding someone close by who has a trampoline? Or, attempting some jumping jacks??? :D :D :D ;) :-*

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 09:58:58 am »
Glad you are okay.  I saw this on the news this morning.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 10:56:19 am »
I was surprised this morning while getting ready for work that hubby asked if I felt it.  Apparently it hit about 3 minutes before my alarm went off.  I felt nothing and the dogs slept thru it as well.  When we lived in Ca there were a couple and I never felt those either.  apparently I am very well grounded...... ...lol.

and a remedy for leg cramps that I've heard?  don't laugh, but put a bar of soap under your sheets at the end of the bed.  It works for just about everyone except for I belive people on heart meds.  Although I don't have one in bed now, I've used it before.  If I do get a cramp, I simply touch the bar of soap with the cramping leg and it stops shortly.  Change the bar every 3-6 mo depending on how it's working.  An old remedy having something to do with the soap dilating the blood vessels briefly or something like that.