Author Topic: I should not be allowed to have dogs!!! ) :  (Read 8195 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

I should not be allowed to have dogs!!! ) :
« on: May 31, 2006, 11:33:11 pm »
Sammy Whammy has had gunky ears so, to be on the safe side, I've been treating him with ear drops & ear wash...Well, the wet from all of that has been making him mat up under his ears & behind them ALOT!!...Tonight I found a particulary thick mat & decided to cut it out...Yup, I caught the skin...It didn't bleed but I know it hurt because he let out a yelp...It left a thin little flap of skin like when you cut the end of your finger & can leave the flap there to heal or pull it off. (which I usually do) I treated it with hydrogen peroxide & Neosporin...My good friend, Ann, who has 4 dogs herself told me Sam probably forgot about it 30 seconds later but I still feel AWFUL!!!!!!!!...Have you all ever done anything so awful to your pupper & felt SO bad about it?

doggylover

Re: I should not be allowed to have dogs!!! ) :
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 11:36:59 pm »
I hurt Badger really bad, because of total stupidity- it's not something I like to talk about... :'(  Your heart was so in the right place.  I would let this go...it's not like you meant to hurt your beloved!
Tape that ear back on and eat some ice cream! Heck if you feel really bad, you can let Sammy lick the spoon.
 :D

doggylover

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 11:38:25 pm »
CORRECTION ON LAST POST:
Yes, you are very bad.  I need to come to your house and remove all your cute dogs from your care!
 :D :D :D :D :D

Blair

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 11:40:12 pm »
I was clipping Diesel's nails one night and when i went to clip the nail he pulled his itty bitty leg away and I clipped his pad  :( I felt so bad for days about what I did to him, but he was fine in just a few second. After that I never clipped his nails again, I let my friend do it for me.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 11:58:31 pm »
CORRECTION ON LAST POST:
Yes, you are very bad.  I need to come to your house and remove all your cute dogs from your care!
 :D :D :D :D :D
Sammy gets all the ice cream...I don't deserve any!...Good try on getting my puppers but I still think you need to send Badger to me while you get your roof fixed...It's the right thing to do for Badger!...Quit being so selfish!!! :P :D :D :D

doggylover

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 12:02:52 am »
ROFL I have a great idea.  I will send you, Federal Express, a sample of his butt smell, like on a scratch-n-sniff-n-vomit sticker.  If you still want him, he's all yours!!!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 12:14:20 am »
ROFL I have a great idea.  I will send you, Federal Express, a sample of his butt smell, like on a scratch-n-sniff-n-vomit sticker.  If you still want him, he's all yours!!!
I live with 8 cats, 2 house bunnies, a guinea pig, 3 BigWhiteStinky Dogs & a 7 & 8 yr. old that don't like to shower or brush their teeth...Did I mention my hubby drives semi & gets about 1 shower ever 5 days he's out there, has a foot odor problem & insists on wearing the same steel toed boots 7 days a week...Oh bring on the Badger butt smell!!!! :P :D :D :D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 12:02:05 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

doggylover

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 12:20:15 am »
I have clearly been out done.  I take it back, you can't have Badger, it just wouldn't be fair for him to live in a household where his butt odor didn't have any unique stand out value!
lololol
I love your posts and your sense of humor! :D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 12:31:51 am »
I have clearly been out done.  I take it back, you can't have Badger, it just wouldn't be fair for him to live in a household where his butt odor didn't have any unique stand out value!
lololol
I love your posts and your sense of humor! :D
I've become a bit partial to you &  Badger too!!! ;D The post about his masochistic tendencies sealed the deal!!! :-* :D

doggylover

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 01:06:18 am »
 :D ;D :)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 05:45:18 am »
it just wouldn't be fair for him to live in a household where his butt odor didn't have any unique stand out value!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA!!
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 07:32:56 am »
It is ok at least your dog doesnt make you feel bad all the time.  My boxer is bad about that.  I was cutting her nails and got her pad when she pulled back.  Of course freaking out about it i grabbed her foot and babied her like she was dying.  That was about two years ago, til this day she will run up to you and look at you and lift her paw like it hurts.  Took her to the vet and nothing is wrong with it.  She is just milking it for all it is worth.   ;D
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 08:08:59 am »
When I was working at the vet, an owner brought her pyrennes in with about 5 cuts on it from her trying to trim its knots out. They required sutures. So don't feel so bad.  Things happen. You had the best intentins as you were trying to help .
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 08:28:30 am »
One night I was laying back in our recliner chair and Sophie was eyeing me funny (she is not allowed on the chair)....  I said to her don't you dare jump on me.. but before I knew it she was on top of me and it hurt like h*ll so I instinctively pushed her off.  Her leg got caught between the chair and the foot rest part and she yelped sooo loud.  I jumped up and layed her on the ground and she had a HUGE bruse on her leg.  I felt sooo horrible!!!  I am a horrible mommy!   I held ice on her leg and rubbed her belly for like an hour.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2006, 11:19:57 am »
It left a thin little flap of skin like when you cut the end of your finger & can leave the flap there to heal or pull it off. (which I usually do)

How bad do you feel for doing that to yourself? 

You can stop beating yourself up now.

Sarah