Author Topic: KIAH UPDATE...  (Read 3536 times)

Kiahpyr

KIAH UPDATE...
« on: September 22, 2005, 07:14:54 am »
Just got back from the vet and Kiah has a clostridial over growth. Clostridium is found in the digestive track. She's on amoxicillin for 7 days. Kiah has to fast for 24 hours for the second time this week. I feel so sorry for her because she looks at her bowl then back at me. "Where's my food ma?"

The vet also recommended feeding her id food in very small amounts then working very slowly back up to her normal amount. Then mixing it with her regular food.

We start obedience class tonight too!! What a day. At least now I know what's wrong with my baby. I hope this is it.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
Re: KIAH UPDATE...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 07:15:56 am »
I hope Kiah feels better soon!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 09:24:23 am »
Is that sort of like a yeast infection?  Would giving her a bit of yogurt in her food in the future help?

Poor her!  Keep us up-dated!  And have fun in class!

smohr

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 09:51:28 am »
 :)  Glad you know what's wrong and hope she's feeling & eating better soon. 

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 02:11:55 pm »
Hope she's on the mend soon!  How did class go?

dohertyswissy

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 08:43:08 pm »
Glad that you know what's going on with Kiah.  Ranger has had a Clostridium infection before.  It is pretty common, from what the vet said.  She'll be good as new in a view days...promise .   ;)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 02:48:49 am »
Kiah is doing a lot better today. The medication is helping. Newflvr it's not like a yeast infection. Has I understand it dogs produce the clostridium in thier digestive system and they can over produce it. That's when it causes problems.

Class went very well last night. She's just unsure of herself with other dogs. She's interested but when they want to play she jumps back. It takes her awhile to warm up. I just found out that the humane society has playgroups for dogs. I'm going to try to take Kiah on Sunday afternoon. Hopefully it will help.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 02:53:25 am »
Kiah is doing a lot better today. The medication is helping. Newflvr it's not like a yeast infection. Has I understand it dogs produce the clostridium in thier digestive system and they can over produce it. That's when it causes problems.

Class went very well last night. She's just unsure of herself with other dogs. She's interested but when they want to play she jumps back. It takes her awhile to warm up. I just found out that the humane society has playgroups for dogs. I'm going to try to take Kiah on Sunday afternoon. Hopefully it will help.
Happy to hear she is feeling better!...As far as her play in class I ahd the same thing with Samson...Remem ber that different dogs ahve different play styles by breed & class...Sammy had no idea what the Boxer & Lab pups in his class were trying to do to him when they tried to play with him but he did well with a couple of the other pups he "understood".

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 05:25:11 am »
I'm glad you pup is doing better.

Offline Lendy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2005, 04:29:08 am »
So soory to hear you baby sick.  I am so glad to also have read that she is better.