Author Topic: I just had to tell this...  (Read 3416 times)

cricket36580

I just had to tell this...
« on: May 02, 2006, 07:41:27 pm »
Baloo...my sweet, gentle, teddy bear, Baloo can RUN!  And I mean flat RUN!  I don't mean a regular run...he does that regularly.  I mean flat out sprint!  This is the same dog that at Christmas could barely amble.  Bella found a chick in the back yard which she caught.  I'm hollering "NO" and going for her...she drops it...accidenta lly I might add...and Baloo then gets it...he takes off around the yard with me in hot pursuit hollering at him to "LEAVE IT" (he doesn't know that command or doesn't care and I'm voting doesn't care) I finally get him cornered with the chick hanging limply from his mouth, now completely covered in slime...He does finally "drop it" and looks at me like "that was fun mama, can we do that again???".  Grrr....  He did several laps around the yard and never once slowed down for the corners.  My neighbors now think I'm a madwoman....

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: I just had to tell this...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 08:00:58 pm »
I can picture you chasing him, shouting!  LOL!

Did the chick survive?
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 08:01:22 pm »
Goooooooooooo Baloo!   ;D ;)
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

cricket36580

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 08:08:42 pm »
Yes, the chick survived.  I'm not sure how after that bruising, jolting ride in his mouth.  She's a little "drunk", but otherwise ok.  He's still mad at me for taking away his toy....   ::)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 08:29:17 pm »
Glad everyone is OK!!

My Norwegien (sp) Elkhound got hold of a baby blue jay years ago, we had just moved into a new house (had only been there about 2 weeks).  Anyway, I'm screaming at her to drop it (she is so ignoring me) I am yelling like a lunatic then the rest of the grown up blue jays (nasty birds) start dive bombing us trying to peck us to let the bird go.  My new neighbor (not a small man) hoists himself over the 6 foot wood fence and gets the bird away from Margo (my dog).  We put it on top of the shed hoping the mom will come get her; doesn't she roll off the shed and it all starts all over again!  Finally we got the bird to safety got Margo in the house and introduced my self to my new neighbors (they must have thought I was nuts)

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 02:56:03 am »
I'm glad you saved the chick- poor little thing!  It is amazing how fast they can move when they've got something bad in their mouth- a chick, or say, my new sandal...sadly, it did not fare as well as the chick!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

cricket36580

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 05:44:36 am »
And me in my pajamas that are too big for me and falling off.  It's a wonder they didn't call the law on me.   :D  ::) He is STILL pouting!  Can you believe this???  Little brat!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 08:23:23 am »
Oh, a Pyr can pout for days.  Rosie use to do that if my hubby would raise his voice to her.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline mariannawoof

• Ankle Biter
  • gotta love the kisses
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 03:48:39 am »
that is a priceless vision!  Glad he chick survived! :)
Hugs & wags -
Marianna, Riley & Duffy