Author Topic: Saint Bernard in SERIOUS need!!!  (Read 9441 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: Saint Bernard in SERIOUS need!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2005, 05:02:56 pm »
Marit, I'm probably going to need some barn cats 2-3 months from now.

Umm... Would they make good barn cats?

My husband is allergic to cats, so we can only have Turkish Angoras (little to no undercoat, so he doesn't have a problem), but we can have all the cats we want outdoors.  However, I will not have outdoor cats unless they have a barn in which to live.

Deena

ohhh wow, ohhhh yeah, man that would be sooo great. I have mama cat who was found with four kittens, she was soooo skinny and dehydrated. one of those kittens went to a good home, one passed away, and I have two here, cookie dough and Tornado, those three will definately make real good barn cats. Then we have the 4 new kittens, I adopted out mama cat, and well they promised to have her as an indoor cat, but yet alter her, guess what, one day they were knocking on my door, with a very pregnant cat, I was about to hit them. Sooooo a couple days later mama cat, who is very young had her second litter.

And I have a hubby who is allergic too, imagine that lol. We have one cat who is actually our own, the others are not supposed to stay here, but it is hard hard to find homes for cats, and I am not just giving them up to someone who I dont believe will take care of them.

I dont mind having cats as barn cats, when I lived in Sweden and had horses, we had several cats in the stables, they had their beds, the tack room were always really warm and cozy even in the winter, and they got fed. And if a barn cat is taken care of, they really really do love the life they can have, being outside and just be a cat.

You are in Tx right? Please keep me and the cats in mind when you have a barn, and I will totally fill it up with cats  ;D

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2005, 05:13:33 pm »
Actually, we will be moving to SE AL/SW GA area. So I'll pm you once I have a FIRM date to move. Then we can figure out how to get them down to me.

Deena

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2005, 05:18:31 pm »
 I LOVE YOU GOOD  HOPE, I REALLY REALLY DOOOOOOO  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

There are different ways, either I can try and hook up with a transport down that way, and see if we can piggy back. Or maybe set up a transport with legs. Or dang if I have to Ill pay to have them shipped to you. Or hubby will hahahaha he will be able to see and breathe again hahahah

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2005, 05:23:45 pm »
Sounds great! It's a plan!

Now returning to the regularly scheduled programming...

How are the arrangements coming Doghealer? Looks like you've got 4 donations coming your way.

Keep us posted.

Deena

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2005, 08:10:50 pm »
Ok. Here is the "update"...
I talked to Will and we decided that for now, she is safe and being taken care of where she is. We think it would be stressful to bring her home for a few days and then have her go back into a kennel situation for 3 days. So the conclusion is....
if she is still there next Monday after we are back in town, we're going to go get her. In the meantime she might be adopted or rescued. Which is great. If not, WE shall rescue her!!! Which will be GREAT!!! And Will is totally ok with this plan. YAY!!! So either way, she wins!!! She's gonna have a home. Well, I mean, if she comes home with us she will be a foster dog. (That's what I will have to keep repeating to myself!) :D

Kiahpyr

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2005, 08:14:14 pm »
That's wonderful news!!! I'm so happy she'll have a home. If you get her can't wait to see her progress.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2005, 07:56:25 am »
Doghealer,

That's a wonderful plan! I'll bet Gypsy and Laurie have some wonderful fostering tips! ;)

Merry Christmas!
Deena

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2005, 12:17:52 pm »
I'm so happy!!! Especially since I had a dream last night that I adopted her!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2005, 12:32:35 pm »
That is such great news. Even if she is rescued by someone else, it means one less Saint in the rescues and shelters--AND THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!! My boy came to me when he was 10 months old, and he was in the same sort of shape physically, and the thing that he needed even more than food was love. This will certainly be an exciting holiday season for you!!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2005, 12:39:52 pm »
Fantastic news!  Every dog out of a shelter and in to a home is a joy!!!  YEA!!!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2005, 12:37:41 pm »
SHE'S BEEN ADOPTED!!!!!
I am crying. I am so happy for her. Also I am sad because I had envisioned me going to get her, and bringing her home and nurturing her... :'( but I am so so so glad someone went and saved her. She deserves it!!! She is now listed in the dogs adopted from the Bartlett Shelter.
Wow.
I am such a crybaby!!!
She's got a home!!!!!!! :D

Icerotti

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2005, 12:51:32 pm »
Yeah a home for the holidays ;D What better gift could you ask for ;D

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2005, 01:22:34 pm »
What a great Christmas story!!  I love it!!!  A new baby in a loving home!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2005, 03:06:27 pm »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Oh that is wonderful!!  I was going to tell my husband that we needed that dog!!    What a face!!   I hope he has a wonderful life and is treated the way we treat out dogs!!!  What more could a dog ask for!!

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2005, 07:06:06 pm »
That's wonderful! So glad that baby got adopted!

Deena