Author Topic: Saint Bernard in SERIOUS need!!!  (Read 9569 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Saint Bernard in SERIOUS need!!!
« on: December 11, 2005, 04:02:22 pm »
I can hardly look at these pictures without crying. This dog showed up on Petfinder. I don't know where Bartlett TN is but it can't be too far. Anyone want to try to help this girl? Only trouble with me is I am going out of town this coming weekend and we are taking all our dogs... definitely not any more room in the car for a Saint Bernard if you know what I mean!!!
If anyone knows anybody... give me a holler!!!

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=5499028&adTarget=&SessionID=439dd56b2e5116d2-app1&display=&preview=1&row=75&tmpl=&stat=

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Saint Bernard in SERIOUS need!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 04:13:55 pm »
That is HORRIBLE!! If someone can take her, I can help get her through Louisiana. I wish I had an open spot. Poor girl! I would like to tie that former owner to a pole and leave him there for days!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 04:15:30 pm »
I know, I can hardly stand it, I found out Bartlett is about 3 hours from me and I am about to jump in the dang car and go get her right now, and just figure the rest out after I get her inside on a warm blanket and give her some lovin. I wonder if Will would kill me?

I feel like I have to do something now that I know she's there!!!!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 04:20:01 pm »
Oh yeah, that's just too close not to do anything. And, even if you have to adopt her, their adoption fee is only $65 and includes Heartworm test and spay!! That's dirt cheap!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 04:23:19 pm »
OMG!!  That is so sad!!  She looks so sweet, and she's absolutely adorable.  She needs a nice warm home, lots of food, treats and love!! Poor baby!!

Andi

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 04:32:58 pm »
Is it possible that you can go get her and have her boarded at the vet while you are gone.  Maybe we can take up a BPO collection to cover the boarding.  I'll put money in the kitty!  ;D  Vets do take credit cards over the phone, right?

Also, the vet can check more thoroughly while she's there.

The poor dog  :'(  Bad owner  >:(

Deena

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 04:35:09 pm »
Is it possible that you can go get her and have her boarded at the vet while you are gone.  Maybe we can take up a BPO collection to cover the boarding.  I'll put money in the kitty!  ;D  Vets do take credit cards over the phone, right?

Also, the vet can check more thoroughly while she's there.

The poor dog  :'(  Bad owner  >:(

Deena

Hmmm... that's a good idea... I wonder if there are any kennels around with some room left during Christmas time????
I think this is the part where I get on the phone and start trying to make some arrangements. I'll deal with Will killing me when he gets home from work. :-\

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 04:43:35 pm »
Holy crap - why would someone do that????

A complete lack of compassion and empathy is my guess. I don't know how people who starve animals like that can sleep at night knowing what they're doing. It's not just a one off thing, it's constant neglect over months. Somebody must have loved her once upon a time or she'd have never made it to 3 years old.

Poor girl - I hope she finds a loving and permanent home very soon... and that the 'thing' that dumped her wraps his car around a tree. I don't want death, crippled will do.  >:(

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 04:43:52 pm »
You can always tell him that we talked you into it (which we did).  ;D  ;D  ;D

Deena

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 04:44:41 pm »
It is totally heartbreaking to see her.  :'(

The horrible thing is that, she is not alone, way way too many dogs look like that when they come into rescue. It is like a never ending nightmare.

I hope someone can help out, if it is a donation going on, Ill be more than willing to help out, I am having 7 foster cats here, and a hubby who is allergic. So I know for a fact that he would kill me if I even suggested it.

I have to try and get these cats adopted. Anyone want a cat?

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 04:46:19 pm »
She's a sweet looking dog , ignoring the fact that she's close to death, she has a sweet face.  WHY!?!? How can anyone live with themselves knowing they are responsible for doing that?
Oh man, I hope she makes it ok.

The shelter would have a vet come by wouldn't they?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 04:47:45 pm by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 04:48:16 pm »
Marit, I'm probably going to need some barn cats 2-3 months from now.

Umm... Would they make good barn cats?

My husband is allergic to cats, so we can only have Turkish Angoras (little to no undercoat, so he doesn't have a problem), but we can have all the cats we want outdoors.  However, I will not have outdoor cats unless they have a barn in which to live.

Deena

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 04:54:07 pm »
OK. A sigh of relief from me for the moment.
I just spoke to someone about her and she is in NO danger of euthanasia. The woman on the phone assured me she is ok for right now, she is in good spirits and is safe in the shelter. And they work with rescue groups but the man who handles that stuff isn't in the office today. So... I am going to think about this for a minute. (My mind is racing so crazy right now I don't know how easy that will be!!) I asked if she would be ok by next Monday (when I get back in town) and the woman said she'll either be adopted by then or still there at the shelter.

I'm going to take the time to BREATHE now!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 04:55:21 pm by doghealer »

Kiahpyr

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2005, 04:56:00 pm »
That's great you don't have to worry about her for the moment. The poor thing is in such bad shape. Keep us posted. I'm so glad you are willing to help her. You have a big heart.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 05:00:54 pm »
That's great you don't have to worry about her for the moment. The poor thing is in such bad shape. Keep us posted. I'm so glad you are willing to help her. You have a big heart.

;D I will keep everyone posted for sure!